vs. Blue Jays 9/13

weams

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• As long as you have the right amount each of 2 and 4 series, you’re still good.  Two and four is the same as 3 and 3.    Wont happen anyway but I would love it if it did. 
    • Agree with the premise of the OP. Holliday should be converted to CF because Westburg is a good defender at both 2B and 3B. Holliday is average at 2B at best.  As it stands right now, Holliday doesn't have a place on the major league team this season because Mayo is more major league ready, and the team needs another righty bat to balance the lineup. It's simply not sustainable to keep trotting out Mateo and McKenna, no matter how hot or lucky they are right now against LHP.  It's in Holliday's best interests to learn and start playing CF as well because CF is a much more premium defensive position, and a glamor position when it comes to his first free agent contract/extension.  If future Hall of Famer Mookie Betts can move around the diamond to accomodate his team and win games, so can Holliday. I'm not saying Holliday is a future Hall of Famer, but there's no excuse for not converting him to a new position that will help the team.
    • 27 weeks × 6 days is 162.  So it's doable in theory but the existence of 2 and 4 game series makes it challenging in practice.
    • I lived it as a kid of the 70's.  lol  What a glorious time to be a kid!  I like that Rubes doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and has fun with his "toy."  Like Bill Veeck clearly did. Disco Demolition was a disaster, of course, but I mention it as a joke that maybe was lost on CoC.  Maybe we could do a Free Beer Night too. I have not seen Saint of Second Chances, but I do, generally, subscribe to the motto, that, "...if it gets you arrested, you've gone too far." hahaha  The trailer looks sensational and as an imperfect dad, I endeavor to watch it by the weekend.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Cheers!  
    • We are going to need a 1b / DH. Santander is gone after this year, Ohearn isn’t a long term thing
    • That's amazing that the O's only have 1 day off for the entire month of June. And it's especially weird that they have 2 days off this week when they are only traveling from Baltimore to DC and back.
    • I have seen him play 3-4 times on TV and MILBTV..I covered him since High School as you know..I think he's a touch better than average with his glove...but he's going to be star with his bat...thats his value...
  • Popular Contributors