In on Carlos Beltran?

Babypowder

I actually agree with you a bit on this.

But I ask, what is the market price on over ripe bananas? I guess I'll pay it if I am looking to make banana bread, but if I am looking to take one for lunch,, I'll pass.

Haha. I get what you're saying, to some degree. But the answer is: the market price for over-ripe bananas is... the market price. It seems like every good player who comes down the pike somehow isn't worth the market price. And every FA class is "not very impressive"... I literally hear that every year: "This year's FA class is very thin, especially at [insert O's position of need]."

Yawn.

You know, sometimes you gotta take a risk and buy those bananas that are a bit over-ripe, and hurry up and make some bread... instead of waiting, and criticizing the bananas forever.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carlos Beltran is said to have a three-year offer for $48 million in hand. Not sure if it's the Mariners, but Seattle is being aggressive.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carlos Beltran is said to have a three-year offer for $48 million in hand. Not sure if it's the Mariners, but Seattle is being aggressive.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

Pffffffft.... bubye Carlos Beltran.

Wow...at least we know it's not us! That contract offer has Seattle or NYY all over it.

Not a good investment. Factor in the value of the lost pick and it's more like 3/53 for a 37 year old coming off a 2.0 fWAR season. I like Beltran but that's a bad contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>From George King and <a href="https://twitter.com/WheresKernan">@WheresKernan</a>: Carlos Beltran is meeting with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Royals&src=hash">#Royals</a> officials today in Kansas City. <a href="http://t.co/ZjEHInOcWT">http://t.co/ZjEHInOcWT</a></p>— Ken Davidoff (@KenDavidoff) <a href="

If the Royals can d this i never wanna hear the cheap card from the Orioles again.

Not a good investment. Factor in the value of the lost pick and it's more like 3/53 for a 37 year old coming off a 2.0 fWAR season. I like Beltran but that's a bad contract.

Yeah...I'd think if a pick wasn't involved, the 3/48 wouldn't be that bad, especially with Markakis coming off the books next season.

Mariners or Astros. I'm rooting for the Mariners because they're eventually going to overpay one of the big FA and that will take away a possible landing spot for another FA.

All reports I've seen online for the past few days say its only a matter of time before the Yankees sign Beltran. There is no reason to even pause or hesitate on their end. They have no problem signing players for this amount of money. Consider it done. If Seattle has a $48 million dollar offer on the table the NYY will just say we'll give you 3 years for $51 million.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Other teams becoming convinced that Carlos Beltran is going to land with the Royals, on a deal of 3/$48 million.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Other teams becoming convinced that Carlos Beltran is going to land with the Royals, on a deal of 3/$48 million.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

Makes sense. Beltran has always talked fondly of his time in KC as a pup and this would allow him to set off into the sunset with a good young Royals team. And for a notoriously tight Royals club it's only a three year deal. Still a lot of cake for a 37 year old with a history of injuries.

Archived