Nelson Cruz ?

Greg

I can think of cheaper .... and likely better options. If we sign Cruz and give up a draft pick for him, i will have lost all faith in Duquette. That would be horrible.

I don't see this happening myself, doesn't make too much sense to me. We don't need another thumper.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see this happening myself, doesn't make too much sense to me. We don't need another thumper.

If your gonna run nothing but number 4 and 5 pitchers out everynight you better have a great lineup.

I can think of cheaper .... and likely better options. If we sign Cruz and give up a draft pick for him, i will have lost all faith in Duquette. That would be horrible.

Lol, I never have had any faith in Duquette. He has backed himself into a corner here. He will have to give a up a pick, or go with a guy on the rebound like Corey Hart. Look at the FA list. He says he intends to spend the JJ money adding to the team, but I think that too would be a mistake. I really think the only smart thing to do is trade his valuable veteran trade chips and move the window out a few years.

I do not have any problem with the Jim Johnson trade, except Dan missed the window by one year of actually getting good return for Johnson. If he does it again with Hardy, Weiters, etc. then I will close the curtain on this guy forever.

Archived