If we give up a draft pick for Kendrys Morales I will hammer a railroad spike through my head

SrMeowMeow

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is still that game of telephone that started when we were talking about Colon.

I am fairly certain that all of Jim's inside info comes from Jen Royle and not Dan.

I can see Cruz not being worth a qualifying offer next year.

Oh, easily. He turns 34 halfway through the season and it remains to be seen how well he'll hit without his special..."supplements." Jay Gibbons was younger and had a similar skillset, and his drop-off when he went clean was pronounced to say the least.

Cruz would be worse than Kendrys in my opinion.

So if signing Cruz would be worse, if the O's do indeed sign Cruz, you'll do something even worse, right?

How about something medieval like The Brazen Bull ?

Or if you prefer, how about something gladiatorial like being dropped into a pit filled with lions or hyenas?

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other IMO. Cruz gives you a full time LF and allows them to rotate a number of bats through DH:Nick, Davis, Wieters, Pearce, Henry, Reimold etc. If the sign Morales as a full time DH then they need a platoon at LF.

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other IMO. Cruz gives you a full time LF and allows them to rotate a number of bats through DH:Nick, Davis, Wieters, Pearce, Henry, Reimold etc. If the sign Morales as a full time DH then they need a platoon at LF.

Cruz can stand in the left field with an outfielder's glove I suppose, but if the O's sign him I would hope that he would mostly play DH. Cruz is a terrible outfielder.

Not that I want the O's to sign Cruz, or Morales. Put the money into the pitching and save the draft pick.

Cruz also probably gives you enough negative defensive value to almost completely wash out any positive offensive value he gives you, which may not be much if he's playing clean now.

Cruz can stand in the left field with an outfielder's glove I suppose, but if the O's sign him I would hope that he would mostly play DH. Cruz is a terrible outfielder.

Not that I want the O's to sign Cruz, or Morales. Put the money into the pitching and save the draft pick.

Check out his defensive metrics in LF. DRS 1, UZR 3.4, TZ 2.9. We aren't signing him to play RF/CF. :rolleyestf:

Archived