Day 3 Finds

weams

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Schoop hit a passing car while taking BP yesterday. Didn't see it but heard a "bam." Joked he doesn't have the money to fix it. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">February 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Schoop, Big Hitter. Long.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jonathan Schoop said he lifted weights this winter with Profar. Put on 8-10 pounds of muscle, legs & upper body. It's noticeable. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">February 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Someone noticed he was a lot bigger yesterday. I did not realize to what extent.

Eduardo

Orioles manager Buck Showalter raved about the power infielder Jonathan Schoop has showed in batting practice the past few days. Yesterday, he hit a home run that hit a car in the parking lot on a field where the wind traditionally blows in.

Schoop said he put on eight to 10 pounds in the offseason working out with Rangers infielder Jurickson Profar in his native Curacao.

“I lifted a lot to get stronger in my legs,” Schoop said. “If you want to play the whole season, you need to be strong and lifting is part of the game. You’ve got to get stronger to do your best.”

After watching him hit the past two days, there’s definitely a loud pop coming off his bat in batting practice.

Schoop has dealt with injuries – including previous knee problems a stress fracture in his back that cost him two months last season – and the club believes those ailments have partially been rooted in the 22-year-old Schoop still growing into his body.

“I feel like I’m done growing, but I can get stronger for myself to get better,” Schoop said. “The stronger you are the better baseball player you are.

Asked if Schoop -- the Orioles’ top position player prospect -- sees himself starting the year in the big leagues this year following a September call up last season, he said he’s just trying to make the majors his ultimate goal whether it is in April or later.

“I’m just coming into camp to do me and work hard,” he said. “Whatever happens I just want to play baseball. If I start at Norfolk, I’ll work hard to get to the big leagues and if I start in the big leagues I’ll do my best to stay there.”

Schoop said that he hasn’t been told whether he will concentrate on playing second or third base this spring, but assumed he’d be told when position players officially begin workouts next week.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-saturday-morning-orioles-camp-notes-updates-on-yoon-schoops-power-surge-ohlman-catching-knuckler-20140215,0,7892104.story#ixzz2tPA7INwP

Thanks. It was a new article so I assumed the pick was current. Some of these photos are circa 2013. Just stuff I'm finding for everyone.

I for one appreciate it very much. Would giv ya rep but it told me I gotta spread it around so a thank you has to do for now. :thumbsup1:

Archived