Tommy Hunter AGAIN!

isestrex

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Imo he has enough talent to work with for the Orioles  pitching coaches staff.  Half the runs came on 1 pitch to one of the Jays better hitters.  A lefty, so might need to be a little patient with him on command.  A lefty starter is a prized addition if there is reasonable talent to tap in to. 
    • Something I appreciated about Brach in the booth is, since he is a pretty recent player, he could actually talk about a bunch of experiences playing with/against specific guys who are still in MLB. You don't get that super often since usually color guys are from a prior era. He has some potential, but I think to get there he needs to relax a bit.  I thought BRob was pretty decent, and improved from last year. 
    • While I tend to agree, I don't think it's egregious and it hasn't really bothered me.  I think the announcers have been doing a solid job with the A team out.
    • I couldn't watch the game, but doesn't look like the savior to the rotation some were hyping him up to be.  Some people saying the O's were 8 deep in the rotation, counting Povich and McDermott.  Looks like our rotation depth is actually razor thin.
    • How many pitchers in their MLB first outing ever, went 100 pitches? 
    • Brach has a major case of, instead of adding analysis from a neutralish perspective, he’s shoehorning every comment to be about how great and awesome something is. I don’t even mean Orioles favoritism, just a general overenthusiasm that makes his comments land inauthentically. Something great about Jim Palmer is that he’s more willing to call a mistake a mistake, and on the flip side his amazement is genuine when it comes out. Good former player analysts on other teams (Ron Darling) and other sports do this too. It comes from a deeper confidence of understanding the game and not needing to fluff up every comment. 
    • Mixed bag, but enough to get him another outing.  He was having trouble landing his breaking stuff in the early innings, but landed some nice ones later.   Got behind a bit too much but at least a lot of his misses were close.  Frobby "Nibbling" would be an improvement for Povich. So many of his pitches are so far out of the zone, they are nowhere close to competitive. Dirtybird I didn't get to see the game but reading the reports he either was missing close or they were nowhere close.  I guess they both watched two different games.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now