2014 A.L. East Standings

OFFNY

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet that's because of the run differential thing.

Eight games coming up against the Price-less Rays and the Rangers! I wanna see if the Os can take the lead in that span.

I'll be there for two of the games vs the Rangers and I want to be in OR overtake the Jays for the lead in the standings by then.

That would make it a great trip for me. :thumbsup1:

AL East R/G:

1. Toronto - 4.72

2. Baltimore - 4.23

3. New York - 4.04

4. Boston - 3.81

5. Tampa - 3.69

AL East RA/G:

1. Baltimore - 4.10

2. Boston - 4.20

3. Tampa - 4.22

4. Toronto - 4.36

5. New York - 4.48

AL East Defensive Efficiency:

1. Tampa - .696

2. Baltimore - .695

3. Toronto - .687

4. Boston - .683

5. New York - .679

So what does this tell us? Aside from Tanaka, the Yankees don't have a rotation. Their offense is old and hurt. McCann is hitting 223 with a 644 OPS. Beltran is batting 218 with a 681 OPS. Ellsbury is batting 286 with a 752 OPS. The only two Yankees with an OPS higher than Ellsbury are Gardner (770) and Teixeira (829). Not to mention their defense isn't much to write home about.

Boston has taken huge steps back (I've said as much) as finally their role players aren't hitting on all cylinders like they did in 2013. Their only bright spot in the rotation has been Lester.

Toronto's success is unsustainable. I said that a few weeks ago...and I still mean it. Their rotation is iffy. The only thing carrying them is their offense. That'll only go so far with a poor rotation.

Finally Tampa...solid defense but the worst offense in the AL by a landslide. They're bad. Their rotation is starting to come around (guys are getting healthy and settling is) but they are far too off the mark to really come back.

All that said, the O's aren't a great team. They have a solid rotation with no real ace. But every day they give the club a chance to win for the most part. The offense is feast or famine with the home run (2nd only to Toronto with 89 homers in the AL, but 12th in doubles and 10th in OBP). The relief corp is very good. The defense is very good.

But the thing about the AL East is that it isn't the AL Beast this year. It's merely the AL Least. So they don't have to be great to win the division.

AL East R/G:

1. Toronto - 4.72

2. Baltimore - 4.23

3. New York - 4.04

4. Boston - 3.81

5. Tampa - 3.69

AL East RA/G:

1. Baltimore - 4.10

2. Boston - 4.20

3. Tampa - 4.22

4. Toronto - 4.36

5. New York - 4.48

AL East Defensive Efficiency:

1. Tampa - .696

2. Baltimore - .695

3. Toronto - .687

4. Boston - .683

5. New York - .679

So what does this tell us? Aside from Tanaka, the Yankees don't have a rotation. Their offense is old and hurt. McCann is hitting 223 with a 644 OPS. Beltran is batting 218 with a 681 OPS. Ellsbury is batting 286 with a 752 OPS. The only two Yankees with an OPS higher than Ellsbury are Gardner (770) and Teixeira (829). Not to mention their defense isn't much to write home about.

Boston has taken huge steps back (I've said as much) as finally their role players aren't hitting on all cylinders like they did in 2013. Their only bright spot in the rotation has been Lester.

Toronto's success is unsustainable. I said that a few weeks ago...and I still mean it. Their rotation is iffy. The only thing carrying them is their offense. That'll only go so far with a poor rotation.

Finally Tampa...solid defense but the worst offense in the AL by a landslide. They're bad. Their rotation is starting to come around (guys are getting healthy and settling is) but they are far too off the mark to really come back.

All that said, the O's aren't a great team. They have a solid rotation with no real ace. But every day they give the club a chance to win for the most part. The offense is feast or famine with the home run (2nd only to Toronto with 89 homers in the AL, but 12th in doubles and 10th in OBP). The relief corp is very good. The defense is very good.

But the thing about the AL East is that it isn't the AL Beast this year. It's merely the AL Least. So they don't have to be great to win the division.

Agree with just about everything except the bolded. The BP is just ok, but the can be very good. Now that Hunter seems to have figured things out for the moment they have some added depth again.

Britton, O'Day, Hunter, Webb, Matusz, McFarland, Brach/Meek makes for a good BP.

Red Sox up 4-0 over Yanks. If they win only 6 games out. That's crazy.

They have a 10 game home stand starting tomorrow. Cubs 3. BAL 3 and CWS for 4. Then they go to Houston for 3 before the break. These next two weeks are going to be interesting to say the least.

They have a 10 game home stand starting tomorrow. Cubs 3. BAL 3 and CWS for 4. Then they go to Houston for 3 before the break. These next two weeks are going to be interesting to say the least.

If we play well enough to make the playoffs it should matter what the Red Sox do. If we can get to 87 wins the Sox will have to go 50-31 to beat us. One team should get to 87 wins atleast not sure who though. If you want to look at a positive we are halfway through the season and are dead tied or ahead of every one in our division in the loss column. This weekend was rough but we stayed the course and lost no ground. Yeah we could have took over the lead if we played better but you could say the same seem with the Jays and Yanks.

If we play well enough to make the playoffs it should matter what the Red Sox do. If we can get to 87 wins the Sox will have to go 50-31 to beat us. One team should get to 87 wins atleast not sure who though. If you want to look at a positive we are halfway through the season and are dead tied or ahead of every one in our division in the loss column. This weekend was rough but we stayed the course and lost no ground. Yeah we could have took over the lead if we played better but you could say the same seem with the Jays and Yanks.

Nothing has changed my opinion that we have the ability to win this thing. Outside of Cruz and role players like Pearce and Young no one is playing out of their mind. We need our key players to get hot.

None of the teams in the East have played well at home and the Sox get a loss in the first game they are facing Cy Arietta.

Archived