vs. RED SOX, 7/06

OFFNY

Flaherty needs to be hands first back to first there and he has to KNOW that Koji is throwing over on 3-2. But, oh well. Just part of the charm of Fenway. 16 video replays on MLB gameday and 12 of them are Red Sox highlights...sigh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

Not quite as egregious as the Kent Hrbek play in the 1991 World Series, but still bad.

Oo

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MiraekmCNv4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was the worst call i ever saw. He basically picked him up.

I've been here for over 4 hours. I've seen ecstasy and heartbreak. I have things that need to be accomplished today. I'm just about ready to bag this. Although, I have the strong suspicion that this is going to be over shortly, and not fun to watch.
Such is the price of fan-dom' date=' I suppose.[/quote']

You pay a price, even when you don't buy a ticket to the stadium.

I seriously can't believe that just happened.

That's the worst call I have ever seen in my entire life of watching baseball. Absolutely unbelievable that a man that gets PAID to umpire major league baseball games would call Flaherty OUT in that situation. I honestly cannot believe I witnessed that.

It would seem the bigger the ump's gut the smaller his brain.

Maybe he should have pitched in the seventh-inning.

In hind sight, he should have. I was not happy with T.J. I thought Webb was poor. I know the Matusz thing was the right call, as was Hunter. He was hitting 100 today.

Archived