Orioles will be watching Ian Kennedy tonight.

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yankees & Padres discussing deal that would send Ian Kennedy to Yankees in exchange for Eric Jagielo and Ian Clarkin according to a source</p>? JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) <a href="
">July 25, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This just sucks.

Who are those two? How would they compare with our pieces? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can beat that without the big 3 being in deal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>yankees are interested in kennedy but not in clarkin plus jagielo for kennedy.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

Clarkin was their first rounder last year. I don't he has much of a prospect ranking, but coming out he was viewed as a possible mid-rotation guy. But he's a lefty, so they will always be in demand. The other I have no idea.

Clarkin looks similar to that of a Josh Hader. Higher pedigree, though (drafted 1st round last year, 33rd overall). Jagielo isn't anything special, really.

I guess the rough equivalent trade value wise, the Padres would want someone like ERod and some Nick Delmonico type.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yankees & Padres discussing deal that would send Ian Kennedy to Yankees in exchange for Eric Jagielo and Ian Clarkin according to a source</p>— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) <a href="

This just sucks.

Whatever. The Yankees would have to replace half their team to be as good as the Orioles. Unless they get Tanaka back (which I regard as unlikely) I'm not worried about the Yankees.

Both were 1st rounders last year. Jagielo was mocked to us alot but Hunter Harvey fell to us. The pitcher fell because I think he was considered a tough sign. Comparable from our system would be Dosch and Davies. But the Yankees guys would be viewed to have more upside since they were both recent first round draft picks.

Whatever. The Yankees would have to replace half their team to be as good as the Orioles. Unless they get Tanaka back (which I regard as unlikely) I'm not worried about the Yankees.

The Yankees should have been dead by now......yet they are as hot as ever.

Doubt them at our own peril. We need to drive a stake in their heart the next time we play.

Archived