vs. NATIONALS, 8/04

OFFNY

Hahaha, there is so much misinformation in this post I don't even know where to begin. My phone gets 5 hours of SoT over 24+ hours, and the 2k display doesn't upscale anything, it scales itself to the resolution of the video. You should be ashamed to call yourself a phone nerd. But I digress.

I'll make this short and sweet.

Our phones have the same GPU.

Yours has 4 times as many pixels as mine, and the "differences" people think they see are mostly the placebo effect or the "new device fever".

More pixels takes more processing power.

More processing power takes more battery.

Thus, by deduction, since our phones have the same gpu, yours burns down its battery faster when rendering. QED. To deny that is to say that physics is wrong.

I'll take that over laser focus any day.

BTW, 5 hours of screen on time is not sufficient for my needs. If it were, I wouldn't care as much.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll make this short and sweet.

Our phones have the same GPU.

Yours has 4 times as many pixels as mine, and the "differences" people think they see are mostly the placebo effect or the "new device fever".

More pixels takes more processing power.

More processing power takes more battery.

Thus, by deduction, since our phones have the same gpu, yours burns down its battery faster when rendering. QED. To deny that is to say that physics is wrong.

I'll take that over laser focus any day.

BTW, 5 hours of screen on time is not sufficient for my needs. If it were, I wouldn't care as much.

I'll make it shorter. I OWN both phones. The G3 is superior. You don't own both phones, you have no idea what you're talking about. /end discussion.

Archived