Interesting note from MLB Trade rumors

joeride

Eduardo Rodriquez, the pitching prospect the Red Sox acquired from the Orioles for Andrew Miller in July, could end up being a key acquisition, WEEI.com?s Alex Speier writes. ?Steal of the trade deadline?I know Miller is doing great in Baltimore, but this kid will make that trade look real bad,? says one evaluator. Rodriguez was dominant for Double-A Portland, posting an 0.96 ERA with 9.4 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in 37 1/3 innings there before being promoted to make his debut for Triple-A Pawtucket Friday in the International League Championship Series. Here?s more from around the American League.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool he's doing good in AA which means nothing. I will wait to judge trade when he reaches the Majors.

This. We've seen O's prospects over the years who breezed through AAA but couldn't make it in the majors. Rodriguez might make us regret the move eventually - but I'm fine with taking this chance. Not only did we get Miller, but another AL team potentially didn't.

We gave up a prospect for a guy who could help us make the playoffs and then help in the post season. So far it has worked as planned. We have all six starters coming back next season so we should be good then too. Hopefully in a few years when we need starters we will have quality ones ready. DD has proven that he can get quality pitchers to help the team win games. Like Miller.

Archived