Davis and Adderall - He was targeted and for good reason

Pat Kelly

It was known that it was harder to get the TUE but it is interesting to hear some of the details about what changed.

I have to question this part:

That makes it sound like it was a targeted test that caught Davis the first time. I thought that without cause they could only random test?

As for the Greenie are just coffee crowd?

Scientific studies show that red bull does the very same thing. Get cases of it for the team.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well this is ridiculous. There are tons of kids who go undiagnosed. There are tons of parents who don't even believe ADHD exists and would never think to bring their kids in, or they refuse to believe their child could have a behavioral disorder. There are tons of people who don't begin to exhibit symptoms until they're adults. I have family members who didn't get diagnosed until they were in their 40s/50s.

Yes, but the disorder begins in childhood, irrespective of what parents believe or don't believe, and then continues as an adult. Whether it is treated as a child or as an adult is also a different question. Many kids and later as adults go untreated. Here is the psychiatric definition of the disorder.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/adhd%20fact%20sheet.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, but the disorder begins in childhood, irrespective of what parents believe or don't believe, and then continues as an adult. Whether it is treated as a child or as an adult is also a different question. Many kids and later as adults go untreated. Here is the psychiatric definition of the disorder.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/adhd%20fact%20sheet.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I know how ADHD works. Your exact words were "it should be provided for individuals who have a documented diagnosis of ADHD, ONLY. (And this means that the individual had to have ADHD as a child or adolescent as well.)" I'm curious just how anyone would be able to prove they had the disorder as a child if they never got a diagnosis as a child. If I'm missing something let me know.

As soon as I made the post I wanted to edit "exhibit symptoms". That was the wrong wording. Should've said something like "realized they've been exhibiting symptoms."

Yes, I know how ADHD works. Your exact words were "it should be provided for individuals who have a documented diagnosis of ADHD, ONLY. (And this means that the individual had to have ADHD as a child or adolescent as well.)" I'm curious just how anyone would be able to prove they had the disorder as a child if they never got a diagnosis as a child. If I'm missing something let me know.

As soon as I made the post I wanted to edit "exhibit symptoms". That was the wrong wording. Should've said something like "realized they've been exhibiting symptoms."

Back in the late 60's early 70's you were just being a kid when you had ADHD type symptoms.

in most instances, clinicians seeing adults demonstrating symptoms suggestive of ADHD will seek to retrospectively identify childhood behaviors/symptoms by careful history taking.

Back in the late 60's early 70's you were just being a kid when you had ADHD type symptoms.

Getting walloped with a paddle in elementary school helped alleviate mine I suppose. I still remember my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Brown. Must have weighed 300 lbs had had a huge paddle with holes in it hanging on the wall with the title "The Brown Bomber". Said the holes were especially designed to cut down on resistance. Went a home a few days with a swiss cheese looking ass.

I finally got the toxic ad situation sorted out and can now log back onto OH with my regular browser. So what to I see in the sidebar while reading this thread? Not one, but two ads for Synaptol for "ADD/ADHD Symptom Relief." This is not only hilarious, but at the same time frightening.

What I don't understand is that if Adderall is beneficial for roughly 5 hours then it's reasonable to wonder if it was/is being taken prior to every game. If that were the case, then with a roughly 2 day window for trace amounts to stay in a player's system, wouldn't there be a much higher incidence of positive test results then there seems to be?

Archived