Angels in Trouble?

Uli2001

I would also like to see KC as our potential opponent in the ALCS. I know we smacked the Angels around earlier this year, but they are a different team now. We match up much better against KC.

Plus it gives us home field advantage. Though i think with the Angels pitching right now they maybe an easier series especially if Shoemaker is not 100%.

Be careful what you wish for. Having home field would be nice, but KC is a pesky team. They play great defense, have excellent starting pitching and an outstanding bullpen, and can manufacture runs with their speed. Nobody in their lineup is as scary as Trout, but I think I'd rather play the Angels, especially if they have to use Weaver for two games in their series--lack of rotation depth is the Angels' Achilles heel.

Be careful what you wish for. Having home field would be nice, but KC is a pesky team. They play great defense, have excellent starting pitching and an outstanding bullpen, and can manufacture runs with their speed. Nobody in their lineup is as scary as Trout, but I think I'd rather play the Angels, especially if they have to use Weaver for two games in their series--lack of rotation depth is the Angels' Achilles heel.

Agree with this. Plus, they are really on a roll right now. I'm not thrilled about facing either of those teams or even having to beat the Tigers 2 more times!

Go O's!!!

Are they still doing the 2-3-2 format in 7-game series? I think that having the advantage of playing games 6 and 7 at home is big.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Royals' "team of destiny" look. I think that the Orioles match up well in that department. Plus the O's have more talent overall. I would be more concerned about facing them in a 5-game series. But in a 7-gamer, pure talent tends to show through more. I think that the Angels, so preoccupied in getting the number #1 seed, got the raw end of the bargain.

Archived