Miggy calling out Soria

xian4

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4532687

I think for a lot of us, it would take more then some scratches to the face before we would retaliate physically with a woman.

You are assuming a majority?

That is completely ludicrous.

That article tells us nothing.

As for drinking and driving in their lifetime and I am sure quite a few members of this board have done as much.

As for drinking and driving in their lifetime and I am sure quite a few members of this board have done as much.

The article says that she had marks on her face, so we know he did strike her in some fashion and it says that the abuse was mutual which means your early hypothesis was at best incomplete.

I have no doubt that female on male aggression exists and shouldn't be made light of but I would have to think that someone of Miggy's size and fitness could respond to such violence in a way that the female is not also struck.

My issue is that you are assuming a MAJORITY. That is completely irresponsible and even if true does not in any way lesson the severity of what he did. I would lose a ton of respect for any member of this board that I found out drove when over the legal limit.

Of course what he did was a wee bit worse then your average drunk driving.

I was at the game yesterday, but I was just re-watching the game on MLB.tv. I see a frustrated Cabrera in the dougout venting to J.D. Martinez sitting on the bench. The broadcast then immediately cuts to Soria sitting on the bench with his head down and no one else around. I don't see Cabrera "calling out" Soria.

I was at the game yesterday, but I was just re-watching the game on MLB.tv. I see a frustrated Cabrera in the dougout venting to J.D. Martinez sitting on the bench. The broadcast then immediately cuts to Soria sitting on the bench with his head down and no one else around. I don't see Cabrera "calling out" Soria.

Yeah, Soria was the guy putting his hat over his face, not the guy Cabrera was venting with.

Watching the replay and you are definitely right.

My issue is that you are assuming a MAJORITY. That is completely irresponsible and even if true does not in any way lesson the severity of what he did. I would lose a ton of respect for any member of this board that I found out drove when over the legal limit.

Of course what he did was a wee bit worse then your average drunk driving.

I said most sports reporters not most people in general. Do you know in jounalistic circles drinking at work is considered acceptable. I was using that as a reason to tell you why sports reporters would be more likely to come down on PED users than someone who has had a DWI. I am not justifying Miquel driving around drunk. His alcohol level was crazy high. The only other person I remember being arrested with blood alcohol level in that range who was driving was Cal Sr. So yeah it is bad to drive around with that much alcholol. But to be over the limit for most people is probably only 3 beers so I am sure a lot more people than you think have driven around over the limit sometime in their lives.

OK, so I went back and watched the video of this. You can do the same at the MLB feed here which is now posted (I am not sure if this will work for non-subscribers):

http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/#date=10/3/2014

They show it at approximately 3:44:39.

In fact, Miguel is not yelling at Soria. He is sitting next to a "Martinez" (I am pretty sure it is J.D.) and definitely cursing and he throws his helmet down. They then cut immediately to Soria (who looks a lot like Martinez). This gives the impression that Miguel is yelling at Soria but in fact Soria is sitting in a different section of the dugout.

So it is definitely a bad display of negative emotion, but was not showing up Soria directly.

OK, so I went back and watched the video of this. You can do the same at the MLB feed here which is now posted (I am not sure if this will work for non-subscribers):

In fact, Miguel is not yelling at Soria. He is sitting next to a "Martinez" (I am pretty sure it is J.D.) and definitely cursing and he throws his helmet down. They then cut immediately to Soria (who looks a lot like Martinez). This gives the impression that Miguel is yelling at Soria but in fact Soria is sitting in a different section of the dugout.

So it is definitely a bad display of negative emotion, but was not showing up Soria directly.

Yup, that's what I said.

Good catch. I suppose that's why it wasn't reported on. Was he screaming at JD for bobbling the ball.

Archived