Miggy calling out Soria

xian4

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a weird irony to the fact that IMO, Miguel Cabrera was a party to the low point of the Orioles 14 years of futility, and now was the guy thrown out in what turned out to be a game-saving playoff game. (Seriously, how do you botch an intentional walk like that?)

If you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6199383

"You don't know me. I will kill you. I know all of you, and I will kill all of you and blow this place up."

Cabrera since has apologized for the incident. He is dealing with alcohol-related issues by following a plan devised by the baseball commissioner's office and the players' union.

The plan:

"Go out and play baseball. You're good buddy!"

There's a weird irony to the fact that IMO, Miguel Cabrera was a party to the low point of the Orioles 14 years of futility, and now was the guy thrown out in what turned out to be a game-saving playoff game. (Seriously, how do you botch an intentional walk like that?)

The great Todd Williams with the unable to intentionally walk Cabrera. Love Palmer's comment. "What is this? Little League?" Man, those were the days.

30-3 still has to be THE low point

I was at the game yesterday and watched Cabrera continuously pull Steve Pearce's gloves out of his pocket. Pearce didn't look amused. Gf asked why he was doing it, my response "because he's an a-hole"

Pearce did try to humor him initially with a few smiles and yuks, but then got down to business.

I was out in sec. 308 but some fans there told me Miggy also tried to mess with Adam Jones. Did anyone see that?

Tigers kind of remind me of the Detroit Piston teams of the late 80's/early 90's. Top heavy with talent' date=' talk a lot of trash, kind of bad-boyish, and trying to hold on to their window against a younger, upcoming team in the Bulls (we would be the Bulls).[/quote']

If being the Bulls means we will win 6 championships in the next decade, then yes, we can be the Bulls.

His off the field issues took away any good will I had.

It kills me that using PED makes a player a pariah but domestic abuse and drunk driving don't matter.

Looking into the matter it seems that his wife might have been the one abusing him as he came home drunk and she scratched him. He had an Alcohol problem which he appears to have straightened out. Drunk driving do matter but if you are against everyone who has ever done it you probably will find very few people to support.

As for PED if you want to use them outside of professional sports feel free and no one will complain. It just isn't fair to players who don't want to destroy their bodies with drugs. But I think Bonds belongs in the hall of fame. It is easy for the press to blast him as most aren't good at sports so they would never consider taking them but most of them have probably had to much to drink at one time or another and used bad judgement and drove.

I was at the game yesterday and watched Cabrera continuously pull Steve Pearce's gloves out of his pocket. Pearce didn't look amused. Gf asked why he was doing it, my response "because he's an a-hole"

He's playful but a bully at the same time. We'd probably like him if he played for us.

Looking into the matter it seems that his wife might have been the one abusing him as he came home drunk and she scratched him. He had an Alcohol problem which he appears to have straightened out. Drunk driving do matter but if you are against everyone who has ever done it you probably will find very few people to support.

As for PED if you want to use them outside of professional sports feel free and no one will complain. It just isn't fair to players who don't want to destroy their bodies with drugs. But I think Bonds belongs in the hall of fame. It is easy for the press to blast him as most aren't good at sports so they would never consider taking them but most of them have probably had to much to drink at one time or another and used bad judgement and drove.

"We determined that they both contributed to the domestic assault," the chief said. "It was minor in nature. They did have some marks on their faces. We could not determine who the aggressor was."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4532687

I think for a lot of us, it would take more then some scratches to the face before we would retaliate physically with a woman.

You are assuming a majority?

That is completely ludicrous.

Archived