Miggy calling out Soria

xian4

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a wounded yet still talented team in Detroit. Jump on them early on Sunday.

Definitely. Price will likely pitch with composure, but that does not mean the Tigers organization and fan base won't be tense about the wheels falling off. The pressure in the stadium will be palpable, and if Price can't go 9 there will be some hand wringing.

Come to think of it, if they can't establish a big lead early (which they are more than capable of) they're going to wish their rally towels are sponsored by sham-wow.

Watching it live, I also didn't see Miggy calling out Soriano, or taunting the O's bench, or swatting away Schoop's glove in a nasty way. I think he was just fired up and hated losing the lead, that he playfully swatted away Schoop's glove that after he scored his run he motioned to the Tigers fans behind the Tigers dugout, and that was basically it. That said, he did chirp a lot and also showed an entitled side of him on enemy soil that deserves the ire of the O's faithful, if his past misgivings didn't do that already. C'mon, O's, terminate with extreme prejudice in game 3.

Was at the game but to far back to hear anything that Miggy might have had to say to fans. That said personally I could care less, a little banter between the fans and players is not unheard of.

The guy strikes me as a very competitive jackass. IF he is on your team you love the attitude and desire to win and look past all the ugliness for the most part. If he is not hen he is a giant douche bag whose abilities with the bat only make you hate him more.

I have a ton of respect for the guy as a competitor and hitter. As a human being based on his history....not so much.

Yeah I rewatched game one. Miggy was chirpy that game too. He drew a walk and threw his bat and looked all pumped. For a walk.

Not sure what his problem is. I agree he may be drunk. Never seen him act like that. Happy to send him home disappointed both nights.

Plenty of players have played drunk. And I do think he is one.

Plenty of players have played drunk. And I do think he is one.

Not gonna speculate if he was drinking yesterday, saw nothing that could not be explained by the fact he is a jackass.

That said, based on his history and issues with the drink, it seems more than likely it has happened at some time in the past at the very least

OK, so I went back and watched the video of this. You can do the same at the MLB feed here which is now posted (I am not sure if this will work for non-subscribers):

http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/#date=10/3/2014

They show it at approximately 3:44:39.

In fact, Miguel is not yelling at Soria. He is sitting next to a "Martinez" (I am pretty sure it is J.D.) and definitely cursing and he throws his helmet down. They then cut immediately to Soria (who looks a lot like Martinez). This gives the impression that Miguel is yelling at Soria but in fact Soria is sitting in a different section of the dugout.

So it is definitely a bad display of negative emotion, but was not showing up Soria directly.

Soooo.....this whole thread should be locked? Premise is found to be false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soooo.....this whole thread should be locked? Premise is found to be false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows? Maybe he was yelling at JD Martinez for bobbling the ball. That is what allowed Hardy to score. If he doesn't bobble the ball in LF the throw beats Hardy by a good margin.

I think Cabrera is getting a bit of a bad rap. What I see is a guy who loves the game and loves to compete. I took note in game one he gave both Jones and Cruz fist bumps when they reached 1st early in the game. I saw him chatting with either Hardy or Schoop when he was on second in game two. I would describe that as classy and good sportsmanship. As for the interaction with the fans he was probably having a little fun at the expense of fans who were razzing him all game. Not a big deal.

Who knows? Maybe he was yelling at JD Martinez for bobbling the ball. That is what allowed Hardy to score. If he doesn't bobble the ball in LF the throw beats Hardy by a good margin.

From watching it a few times, I think it's possible that that is what he was doing.

Meanwhile, from the TBS dugout shots, Joba looked like he was aging rapidly as the rest of the game unraveled. By the end, he had the greying, furrowed brow and distant eyes of someone who had seen too much in his seasons on earth.

This thread is crazy. Maybe it's loud, and maybe he's just venting to his teammate. Does he even see the "bobble" from 1st base?

"None of us like to have our lives judged by our worst decision."

I just read this. It's Buck talking about Delmon Young, but it could easily be about Cabrera, Nelson Cruz, or Manny Machado.

This thread is crazy. Maybe it's loud, and maybe he's just venting to his teammate. Does he even see the "bobble" from 1st base?

"None of us like to have our lives judged by our worst decision."

I just read this. It's Buck talking about Delmon Young, but it could easily be about Cabrera, Nelson Cruz, or Manny Machado.

Which one was Cabrera's worst? Was it the coming home drunk and having a domestic dispute with the wife or was it telling the police to kill him after openly taking a swig of scotch in front of them?

Archived