vs. ROYALS, 10/11 (A.L.C.S., Game Two)

OFFNY

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a good inning, but the fact is this guy's control is the only thing helping us. We have no hits. Lucky to only be down 2-1, even though they have a lot of bloops.

So what do you want the os to do? Seriously when we swing away were hackers, when we take balls to walk, we're lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If he was the sort of hitter that Adley was last year, that would still have huge value.  
    • Offseason I could see someone big like this being moved but not now. And yes, injuries are an issue. Braxton Garrett was a target of mine but now he’s in the IL with forearm issues.
    • I'm not making that claim. I think they all had great shots going into the playoffs. And yet, they all had worse pitching by ERA (aside from the Royals pen) than the Orioles. An Orioles team that, according to you, "are by no means winning a World Series with this pitching staff as is".
    • We really have no idea what they are planning for him.  We know how they felt about him when they drafted him and we know Elias is saying he expects him to be a key part of this years team. As I said before, I was told by someone close to the team that the org feels he’s more advanced than Gunnar at the same age but again, that doesn’t mean everything because you have to continue to develop and obviously, Gunnar has done that. Elias admitted that he called up sooner than maybe he should have but that also tells you how highly he thinks of him. We have seen prospect guys say he’s the best prospect since Harper and one of the best #1 prospects they have ever seen. So, who knows. I expect him to compete for batting titles, steal 25+ bases, give us 60+ extra base hits and play good to very good defense whenever he ends up.  If they want him in CF, I would suspect they tell him that entering either this or next offseason.
    • Neither Mariners or Tigers are likely to trade them either. its certainly an issue in MLB. Healthy starting pitching 
    • The Orioles are one game back of the Yankees in the loss column for the division, 6 games up on the Twins for the first Wild Card, 7 games ahead of the Royals for the last playoff spot. We may not win the division but it would take an abysmal second half to miss the playoffs.  Given that I would love to add to this team in the bullpen and a starter if the price was right but I would give us as good a chance as anyone to win the AL even if we didn't make a trade based on our top two starters and the power of our lineup.  I believe our lineup with Mayo at third or Holliday at second by the start of the playoffs to go with Gunnar SS, Rutschman C, Santander RF, O'Hearn DH, Westburg 2B/3B, Mountcastle 1B, Cowser/Kjerstad LF and Mullins CF is better and likely significantly better than any team but the Dodgers.  
    • It is more or less. Once you get in the playoffs, all the teams are talented and all the teams have some kind of weakness. Sure there are better teams on paper and some of the teams probably have more talent than others. But I just don't think it's all that drastic of a difference most of time. It's not like you're sticking the Athletics or White Sox in the playoffs and calling it a crap shoot.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now