Roch: O's focused on adding LH reliever

fearthenoodle

That's why Miller will get paid more...which is the point I was making. Miller also has nasty stats for only one year, but he's more appealing because he looks dominant on the mound and was great in down the stretch and in the postseason. Duke isn't as good as Miller, but he'll likely cost substantially less and not be substantially worse.

Luke Gregerson, Koji Uehara, Sergio Romo, and Darren O'day all throw as slow or slower than Duke, does that make them bad relievers? With the exception of Romo, they all throw their fastballs about as frequently as Duke did last year. They succeed with command, offspeed pitches, and deception. It works for starters and it works for relievers as well.

For every great reliever you name that throw 90, I can name 5 mediocre ones that also throw 90. Using O'Day in your argument is a tad specious don't you think? O'Day is completely unique and can't be compared to most pitchers.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why trading a SP for a LH RP? Looking at today roster we can have Matusz, McFarland and Coke. Don't do that.

Coke is straight garbage. He shouldn't be in any good bullpen. He's a big reason the Tigers have had consistently bad bullpens the past few years. They were crazy to keep using him in high leverage situations. I guess a warm body is better than nothing. Which leads to bullpen implosions.

Coke is straight garbage. He shouldn't be in any good bullpen. He's a big reason the Tigers have had consistently bad bullpens the past few years. They were crazy to keep using him in high leverage situations. I guess a warm body is better than nothing. Which leads to bullpen implosions.

You're right, but giving SP for a RP is not a good idea.

Archived