Hanley Ramirez to Boston; Cruz to Seattle or Baltimore? (Panda a BoSox too)

weams

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Boston drops ~200M on two players and doesn't address their pitching? Interesting. I'm under no impression that they're finished though. Ah, the joys of the AL East.

Yeah...no way they are done. They aren't going to spend the money on these two and NOT get pitchers. I can see Hamels, Scherzer, and Miller in their future.

Let's not forget that the Red Sox dumped half their team at the trade deadline. They have money to spend and it's no surprise that they're spending it. They traded away Lester, Peavy, Lackey, Doubront and Miller, so they have some work to do on the pitching front.

I can't see how resigning Nick affects signing Cruz as the article suggest. If the Orioles lose both they will need to consider a mini rebuild.

Sign Gomes to platoon with De Aza in LF and Morse to DH. Let a platoon of Lough/Pearce handle RF. Spend the money saved on pitching.

Let's not forget that the Red Sox dumped half their team at the trade deadline. They have money to spend and it's no surprise that they're spending it. They traded away Lester, Peavy, Lackey, Doubront and Miller, so they have some work to do on the pitching front.

No surprise.

Archived