Hanley Ramirez to Boston; Cruz to Seattle or Baltimore? (Panda a BoSox too)

weams

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might not be the worst option if we are unable to resign Cruz. However, I know many who worry that his left foot problem may be career-threatening. That said, I wouldn't object to trading say, TJ McFarland, for him.

I'm not going to help Boston find pitching. That may be their great downfall rather than under performance of these two contracts. Right now they have Buchholtz, Kelly and guess. And their bullpen has got some questionable holes.

So their OFs as of now are:

Nava

Bradley

Victorino

Ramirez

Betts

Castillo

Cespedes

Craig

Plus, they have a DH who cannot play the field and thus, they likely won't be able to use the DH slot for any of this glut.

Good luck trying to find any takers for Victorino and Craig. Cespedes is probably tradable, as is Bradley. Maybe Nava for a bad reliever.

Wow. Well...

- The two names I heard the Sawx will try to move are Cespedes and Napoli, clearing the $$$ for pitching. Let's say that works out somehow.

- The team does not want to move Mookie Betts or Boegarts, meaning both should be on the 25.

- Bradley looks like he's no longer in the team's plans with Betts outplaying him. It may be too late to get something really nice for him, but I would have to imagine he's on the block. Otherwise, it's AAA for him.

This leaves us with the following:

1B - Craig/Nava

2B - Pedroia

SS - Boegarts

3B - Sandoval

LF - Ramirez (Victorino)

CF - Castillo (Betts)

RF - Betts (Victorino)

DH - Ortiz

...that's what the Red Sox apparently want. We'll see if they get it.

Wow. Well...

- The two names I heard the Sawx will try to move are Cespedes and Napoli, clearing the $$$ for pitching. Let's say that works out somehow.

- The team does not want to move Mookie Betts or Boegarts, meaning both should be on the 25.

- Bradley looks like he's no longer in the team's plans with Betts outplaying him. It may be too late to get something really nice for him, but I would have to imagine he's on the block. Otherwise, it's AAA for him.

1B - Craig/Nava

2B - Pedroia

SS - Boegarts

3B - Sandoval

LF - Ramirez (Victorino)

CF - Castillo (Betts)

RF - Betts (Victorino)

DH - Ortiz

Can't believe they are going to pay Victorino 13M to sit the bench.

Wow. Well...

1B - Craig/Nava

2B - Pedroia

SS - Boegarts

3B - Sandoval

LF - Ramirez (Victorino)

CF - Castillo (Betts)

RF - Betts (Victorino)

DH - Ortiz

I'm more concerned about their pitching. I think they want to add 2 of Lester, Scherzer, and Hamels, plus a mid rotation arm via trade. That would be tough to compete with.

Just as a side note, MLB.com is leading the competition with ESPN as to who can suck up most to Boston. Today on their website, not just the first headline but the first two headlines are all Boston, all the time. "What will the Red Sox do next, now that they have landed Panda and Hanley?" And then a nauseating article entitled "Panda checks out his new habitat." God, I know what nickname I have already come to hate (Panda) and it is not even December.

Jim Bowden and Casey Stern both admitted that the Orioles were still the team to beat in the AL East unless Boston gets two front line starters. Both trashed the Jays and Yankees starting pitching.

Adding those two guys may be worth 5 extra wins next year, still putting them around .500 They need SP badly and that going to mean a lot more money spent.

Archived