Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Or the Orioles step up and do the right thing. I think maybe Buck has more input then Dan likes. Thats just my opinion.

Letting a valued employee break his contract when you don't have a qualified in-house replacement is not "doing the right thing." If they reach a point when they feel that Brady or someone else is up for the job, maybe PGA will let Duquette go. But I don't see why he would begin that search process all over again. He just happened to find a guy who'd been out of the game for 10 years and was perfect for the job.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles had 24 hours to poach a coach from Texas. Texas should have told the hypocritical Orioles where to go.
You are best off not to deal with the Orioles.

Texas could have said no. The major leagues are always a promotion. We allowed Rick Peterson to interview at Boston. They rejected him. We allowed Demarlo Hale to interview in Toronto. They promoted him. There is an agenda here in your posts. Dan Duquette was out of baseball for ten years and no team would give him the job he lost. Let alone the job he aspired to. The Orioles gave him the opportunity to show he was still the smartest guy in the room. Then they offered him an extension before his old deal was over. And that smart guy was glad to take it. For a long time too. He's happy to have this job.

Letting a valued employee break his contract when you don't have a qualified in-house replacement is not "doing the right thing." If they reach a point when they feel that Brady or someone else is up for the job, maybe PGA will let Duquette go. But I don't see why he would begin that search process all over again. He just happened to find a guy who'd been out of the game for 10 years and was perfect for the job.

There are folks that are just enjoying stirring this pot. I don't care if they do. But it is perfectly ok for any of you to shoot down their conjecture.

Out of curiosity, how would this differ from the amount of faith you would have in the Orioles' GM if there was no Toronto situation? Seriously, I don't memorize all of your posts, but from what I've noticed, you don't tend to be on board with whatever the Orioles' FO is doing, going back long before the DD to Toronto rumors ever came out. Am I wrong about that?

And I think Orioles ownership should step up and promote DD. I'm all for keeping the O's current front office in tact. If I was against the FO, why would I want to keep them? I question ownerships motives. I think DD does what ownership allows him to do.

And I think Orioles ownership should step up and promote DD. I'm all for keeping the O's current front office in tact. If I was against the FO, why would I want to keep them? I question ownerships motives. I think DD does what ownership allows him to do.

They might. But the same job that is available in Toronto, is only available because the team is owned by a faceless mega monopoly. That has share holders that own the company. and ONLY care about increased value of the company. The team only exists and a cash cow. To a media company. They have rights to the entire country. That job is not in existence to anyone in Baltimore. Anyone who is not a partner. Partner. Corporation. Different.

There are folks that are just enjoying stirring this pot. I don't care if they do. But it is perfectly ok for any of you to shoot down their conjecture.

That's right. I enjoy stirring the pot. God forbid my opinion differs from others. I know you don't mind them shooting those pov down. It's obvious the side your on.

I realize you are a skeptic. If you are right, Dan Duquette would never have signed his extension. After the miracle of 2012, Dan could have had multiple jobs.

To promoted Duquette to a job similar to the Blue Jays job, the Orioles would have to give Duquette the position now held by John Angelos. Maybe that will happen when PGA passes on, with John Angelos becoming CEO, but I doubt if PGA would fire his son.

I didn't say letting him walk was doing the right thing. I said the Orioles should do the right thing and promote him. How would you feel if another company valued you more than your current one does? They valued you enough to try and get you from your current employer?

That's right. I enjoy stirring the pot. God forbid my opinion differs from others. I know you don't mind them shooting those pov down. It's obvious the side your on.

I am ok that we differ here. And I think when you have facts to support it, that you are welcome to shoot my hypothesis down as well. I know enough to feel comfortable with my position.

I didn't say letting him walk was doing the right thing. I said the Orioles should do the right thing and promote him. How would you feel if another company valued you more than your current one does? They valued you enough to try and get you from your current employer?

I addressed that in the post above yours (that I'm quoting here). Basically, there is no opening above Duquette with the Orioles now.

To promoted Duquette to a job similar to the Blue Jays job, the Orioles would have to give Duquette the position now held by John Angelos. Maybe that will happen when PGA passes on, with John Angelos becoming CEO, but I doubt if PGA would fire his son.

Or Peter could just name his son CEO now and take a back seat. That's what my company did.

Actually, John is Executive VP of the company. Chief Executive Officer - Peter G. Angelos

Archived