Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Dan not being permitted to interview for a job that has five other candidates has nothing to do with this. A lawsuit against the MLB most certainly does. i love how folks try to paint it black all the time.

Right on...exactly right.

MLB dragging their feet on the 2016 All Star game is yet another way of putting the screws to the O's. Even if they still award it to the O's they are doing it in a manner that will impinge on their ability to fully capitalize on the game in terms of using it to market season tickets etc.... no doubt there is some games being played here.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB dragging their feet on the 2016 All Star game is yet another way of putting the screws to the O's. Even if they still award it to the O's they are doing it in a manner that will impinge on their ability to fully capitalize on the game in terms of using it to market season tickets etc.... no doubt there is some games being played here.

I'd be careful if I were Manfred. I'd not want to be the Commissioner to lose the Anti-Trust Exemption.

I'd be careful if I were Manfred. I'd not want to be the Commissioner to lose the Anti-Trust Exemption.

That will never happen over this. Pete has plenty of local political clout and even some national clout but it pales in comparison to MLB's as a whole.

Besides losing Anti-Trust would serve Pete no purpose and frankly would likely cause his baseball interests irreparable harm.

If there is not a firm rule about when and were the All Star game is to be held, then MLB can manipulate it and will do so. It might annoy Pete but my guess is his mind is more focused on MASN and the bonanza that is for him.

If MLB had a brain in their heads, they would just get one of their partners like Fox Sports to make Pete an offer he cant refuse for MASN

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/al-east-notes-duquette-hundley-rays.html

Orioles executive Dan Duquette is a great fit to replace Blue Jays president and CEO Paul Beeston, but if the Jays want him, they should be willing to pay a significant price, ESPN’s Buster Olney writes (subscription required). The right executive can make a huge difference for a franchise, but Duquette is under contract with the Orioles through 2018, so if the Blue Jays want him, the Orioles should ask for top young players (as in one or more of Marcus Stroman, Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris, Jeff Hoffman, Max Pentecost or Richard Urena) in return.

Collusion and unfair business practices. Revealed in the discovery phase of the this investigation.

Weams....think about what your saying. Why in gods name would PA want to take this to a level that would lead to Anti-Trust being removed?

You do not think that it would severely impact the value of the very product he owns? It would be akin to blowing up your entire house with dynamite simply because you do not like the wall that separates the dining room and living room.

PA will let them have their little tantrum and keep on, keeping on. Eventually once this is all settled the All Star game will be here. Besides to my knowledge its not a done deal that it will not be for 2016. Even if it is though, I doubt it phases PA in the slightest. It will annoy us more than him. He knows it will be here soon enough.

How does delaying an announcement effect season ticket sales? Would the 2016 AS game change the amount of 2015 season tickets sold?

How does delaying an announcement effect season ticket sales? Would the 2016 AS game change the amount of 2015 season tickets sold?

My understanding from what I heard on the radio today was that a lot of teams have moved to only giving 100% assurance of a ticket to fans who have particular packages for the two seasons that lead up to the game from the time its announced. Most of those cities have seen pretty significant upticks on season ticket sales.

If MLB holds out then it makes it hard for the O's to incorporate that as a part of their marketing strategy for selling 2015 tickets.

Buster Olney's comments yesterday came from somewhere. Who told him that MLB still wanted the Orioles to let DD go to Toronto? This story is several weeks old. It has been a non-story since PA said he wasn't releasing him from his contract until yesterday. I still think DD needs to make a good trade or sign a free agent or two to help the team sooner rather than later. The longer he waits the longer this story will drag on. DD's cousin admitted on the radio soon after the story broke that anyone in a front office position would like the Toronto job. I believe he called it a dream job.

Did anyone notice that Buck and VP of Baseball Operations Brady Anderson met with Scott Coolbaugh in Dallas about becoming our hitting instructor/batting coach? They had 24 hours to negotiate with Scott and got the job done. Congratulations to everyone involved in the hiring process.

Buster Olney's comments yesterday came from somewhere. Who told him that MLB still wanted the Orioles to let DD go to Toronto? This story is several weeks old. It has been a non-story since PA said he wasn't releasing him from his contract until yesterday. I still think DD needs to make a good trade or sign a free agent or two to help the team sooner rather than later. The longer he waits the longer this story will drag on. DD's cousin admitted on the radio soon after the story broke that anyone in a front office position would like the Toronto job. I believe he called it a dream job.

Did anyone notice that Buck and VP of Baseball Operations Brady Anderson met with Scott Coolbaugh in Dallas about becoming our hitting instructor/batting coach? They had 24 hours to negotiate with Scott and got the job done. Congratulations to everyone involved in the hiring process.

Old article, just dredged up. Remodeled. But yeah, insider stuff is great to speculate on. No one told Buster that that has any knowledge. Toronto is considering Dayton Moore for all I know. What I want to know is why won't the Nationals let Mike Rizzo interview?

Archived