Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

DD's cousin admitted on the radio soon after the story broke that anyone in a front office position would like the Toronto job. I believe he called it a dream job.

Very true, anyone asked would want it. It pays four times what a GM job pays. I understand that Tom Kelly has other issues that precluded him unfortunately.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think these DD to Toronto stories are kinda like Bigfoot sightings at this point.

They intrigue everyone, a part of you can see how it could happen, when you dig deeper though, nothing there to see

They are nothing other than an attempt to fill holiday line counts with rewrites.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/al-east-notes-duquette-hundley-rays.htmlOrioles executive Dan Duquette is a great fit to replace Blue Jays president and CEO Paul Beeston, but if the Jays want him, they should be willing to pay a significant price, ESPN?s Buster Olney writes (subscription required). The right executive can make a huge difference for a franchise, but Duquette is under contract with the Orioles through 2018, so if the Blue Jays want him, the Orioles should ask for top young players (as in one or more of Marcus Stroman, Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris, Jeff Hoffman, Max Pentecost or Richard Urena) in return.

I can't tell you how much I disagree with this. The Blue Jays can keep their prospects and the O's should keep Dan.

Old article, just dredged up. Remodeled. But yeah, insider stuff is great to speculate on. No one told Buster that that has any knowledge. Toronto is considering Dayton Moore for all I know. What I want to know is why won't the Nationals let Mike Rizzo interview?

Olney started the rumors on who knows what spurious "evidence." Now he's just doing CYA.

• 3 weeks later...

Orioles executive VP Dan Duquette is still in the running for the Blue Jays president?s job, according to a major league source that spoke with Cafardo. In order that that to advance, of course, the two teams would have to agree on compensation, which is where deals such as this usually break down.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/01/cafardo-on-hamels-shields-duquette-maddon.html

Here is something from a MLB source. "Dan Duquette and Toronto are not permitted to discuss employment. And Peter Angelos and Dan Duquette are not discussing it either." Carfado works for the Boston Globe. The press in Boston ran Dan out of town.

Orioles executive VP Dan Duquette is still in the running for the Blue Jays president?s job, according to a major league source that spoke with Cafardo. In order that that to advance, of course, the two teams would have to agree on compensation, which is where deals such as this usually break down.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/01/cafardo-on-hamels-shields-duquette-maddon.html

Give us Aaron Sanchez, and he's all yours :)

Archived