Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

So what are we saying now. That a well respected Blue Jays journalist has defamed half of baseball by misquoting and completely fabricating a piece?

From Toronto Sun

Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame inductee (writer category) Bob Elliott joined the Sun in January 1987. Elliott is Canada's best-known and best-connected baseball columnist. He's also a legend in Canada's minor baseball community.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what are we saying now. That a well respected Blue Jays journalist has defamed half of baseball by misquoting and completely fabricating a piece?

From Toronto Sun

I certainly am not saying that. I do believe there is a ton of noise out there in the media now. I think this guy is a more respected and honorable guy than the one who was driving the bus over the Orioles last week. And Dan Connolly says he is a good guy to read.

Further, Jim D says that Kenny Williams told him personally that he didn't feel there was any tampering in the Blue Jays' attempts to talk to him.

Another note: Dan and Buck will be together at another awards banquet tonight, this one in New York. They were at the one in Boston Thursday night.

Even if his article was slanted a little bit against the Blue Jays, he had direct quotes from Reinsdorf. Can't angle that.

Even if his article was slanted a little bit against the Blue Jays, he had direct quotes from Reinsdorf. Can't angle that.

Of course not. Jim was being flippant due to what Kenny Williams said to him? As a media guy? Not as an equal.

BTW, a Manfred election article here.

From Toronto Sun

Kenny was very upset that he could not even talk about the job. I am sure he does not want to further piss off Reinsdorf after the Beeston issue. It's a good thing that Jerry loves Kenny as he does. Kenny has a GM under him. In Chicago. He's a rung up from Dan.

Well, he does feel Ed Rogers is a complete buffoon. Dan Connolly thinks he is a good writer.

And Rosenthal basically feels the same way about Angelos. So it comes down to which biased "reporter" you want to believe. Either way, this has done damage to the Orioles. In both the FO and the onfield product. And the Blue Jays and Yankees are to thank. I personally believe the sole purpose of this was to hinder the Orioles offseason. So mission accomplished no matter the outcome in regards to DD.

And Rosenthal basically feels the same way about Angelos. So it comes down to which biased "reporter" you want to believe. Either way, this has done damage to the Orioles. In both the FO and the onfield product. And the Blue Jays and Yankees are to thank. I personally believe the sole purpose of this was to hinder the Orioles offseason. So mission accomplished no matter the outcome in regards to DD.

One is in the Hall of Fame. The other shills. And on TV. And tries to compete with Ricklii on breaking "news". One writes in-depth investigative pieces with named sources. Another concocts position pieces. I am sure there was a time that Ken was well respected as a journalist. Now he is a media figure.

I never said Ken Rosenthal did not have good reason to dislike Peter Angelos. Never.

One is in the Hall of Fame. The other shills. And on TV. And tries to compete with Ricklii on breaking "news". One writes in-depth investigative pieces with named sources. Another concocts position pieces. I am sure there was a time that Ken was well respected as a journalist. Now he is a media figure.

Peter Gammons is in the HOF and became an ESPN talking head. Point is, they both have an axe to grind. DD has never once come out and say he wanted to stay in Baltimore or doesn't have any interest in the Jays job. I doubt Peter will forget that. Damage has already been done. I have lost trust in DD. And with so many big decisions coming up, it couldn't have come at a worst time.

Peter Gammons is in the HOF and became an ESPN talking head. Point is, they both have an axe to grind. DD has never once come out and say he wanted to stay in Baltimore or doesn't have any interest in the Jays job. I doubt Peter will forget that. Damage has already been done. I have lost trust in DD. And with so many big decisions coming up, it couldn't have come at a worst time.

I know. I kind like Peter Gammons though. He used to play guitar well.

Not talked about much is the Yankees angle. No wrongdoing I think, it's almost funny if it wasn't all so bad for our team.

Rogers calls Levine(?).

ER: Hey Randy, Ed Rogers here.

ER: We're thinking of maybe bringing in a new CEO. I was just wondering if you had any good candidates you think would be good.

RL: [pause] Um... Reinsdorf might be good. Maybe Dan Duquette too. They're both really good baseball men. [twirls Snidley Whiplash mustace...]

ER: Reinsdorf and Duquette eh? Well thanks a lot Randy!

*click*

RL: :rofl:

Not talked about much is the Yankees angle. No wrongdoing I think, it's almost funny if it wasn't all so bad for our team.

Rogers calls Levine(?).

ER: Hey Randy, Ed Rogers here.

ER: We're thinking of maybe bringing in a new CEO. I was just wondering if you had any good candidates you think would be good.

RL: [pause] Um... Reinsdorf might be good. Maybe Dan Duquette too. They're both really good baseball men. [twirls Snidley Whiplash mustace...]

ER: Reinsdorf and Duquette eh? Well thanks a lot Randy!

*click*

RL: :rofl:

I was thinking the same thing last night. Almost like he was trolling Rodgers with the names he supplied.

Archived