Season tickets picked

zkoutdoors

I have had season tickets for 3-4 years. I got an email from my rep on Wednesday that was titled: "2015 Orioles Season Plan Member Renewal Info -- #XXXXXXX" and said in part: "....Season Plan Members will always pay the lowest price available in their selected seating category for every game. And you will continue to receive the perks of being a Season Plan Member through our Orange Carpet Benefits program. Visit orioles.com/ocp to view information about your 2015 Season Ticket Plan. ...." I viewed my page on there and there was the plan that I had, with the totals and remaining money listed and it gave me until the Feb 13th to pay the remainder.

My guess is that after all the long time(?) season ticket holders have a chance to renew or not, then people with new deposits would be taken care of. In my case, last fall I had requested an upgrade from the 13 to the 29 game plan but it still showed me with the 13 game, same B schedule. I called the agent and asked about this and he found a pair of seats, one row back but on the home plate aisle side for the 29 game plan and I was happy to take those.

The 29 game plan is great if you can afford it because you get a ticket to each series, opening day, wild card and 2 each for ALCS and WS. It cost money, but if you can upfront the cash you can always sell the opening day, WC, one each of the ALCS and WS and some 2 tickets and come out ahead. This sorta reduces you back to the same postseason as the 13-game plan but you get 26 games rather than 13 games during the regular season. Shhhhh!!

According to the new orange carpet rewards page, 29 game plans will only be getting 1 ticket per series via invoice this year. 13 game plans will be guaranteed no games.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the new orange carpet rewards page, 29 game plans will only be getting 1 ticket per series via invoice this year. 13 game plans will be guaranteed no games.

It says "at least one game". My guess is that the World Series will be cut to one game but the ALCS will stay at two. MLB and their corporate partners require a surprising number of World Series tickets.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/season.jsp

Postseason Tickets: All Plan Members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets for postseason games played at Oriole Park at Camden Yards via an online presale, based on seniority. In addition, Full Season Plan Members will be invoiced for a "Gold Package" - containing tickets to every available home postseason game. 29-Game Plan Members will be invoiced for a "Silver Package" -- containing tickets to at least one game in each of the four possible postseason rounds. Specific details will be provided in August.

It says "at least one game". My guess is that the World Series will be cut to one game but the ALCS will stay at two. MLB and their corporate partners require a surprising number of World Series tickets.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/season.jsp

Didnt they try to add a 20 & 40 game plan? I don't even see those options listed. Must have not sold any.

Didnt they try to add a 20 & 40 game plan? I don't even see those options listed. Must have not sold any.

They scrapped those 10 days ago. It would require a completely separate ticket inventory from the 13 and 29 game plans. It really doesn't make much sense to offer both.

How were they able to describe what the available seats were? Did you just tell him the kind of seats you were looking for and he looked? Or did you get some sort of diagram or access to an online system?

I'm wondering how the seat selection process will work with new season plan holders.

Oriole-Park.jpg

They scrapped those 10 days ago. It would require a completely separate ticket inventory from the 13 and 29 game plans. It really doesn't make much sense to offer both.

Yeah I thought it was really strange because it came out of no where... I know they were using it as your only option to sercure ALCS or WS tickets at that time.

Thanks about the info on only one game guarteed for each possible series. I couldn't find that info of this year and figured it would be the same as last year. My guess is that with the 29 game plan, I might have an early preferred chance to buy tickets, something like last year, but no sure thing. Certainly better than the 13 game people and/or new plan people- and they do have to sell the tickets to SOMEBODY. I think its weird that they scrapped the 20 and 40 game plans- I wonder what they did for those people and how they broke the change to them.

By the way, about how you find out what seats might still be available- I think you just gotta talk with an agent, you offer requests, he looks them up and tells you what is available and you choose. Good to have the seating chart handy when you talk to him.

Thanks about the info on only one game guarteed for each possible series. I couldn't find that info of this year and figured it would be the same as last year. My guess is that with the 29 game plan, I might have an early preferred chance to buy tickets, something like last year, but no sure thing. Certainly better than the 13 game people and/or new plan people- and they do have to sell the tickets to SOMEBODY. I think its weird that they scrapped the 20 and 40 game plans- I wonder what they did for those people and how they broke the change to them.

By the way, about how you find out what seats might still be available- I think you just gotta talk with an agent, you offer requests, he looks them up and tells you what is available and you choose. Good to have the seating chart handy when you talk to him.

To see this years Orange Carpet benefits visit this link http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/season.jsp and click the orange carpet tab. The info on postseason and opening day tickets is towards the bottom.

With regards to the 20 and 40 game plans, I'm sure they scrapped it because of seat availability. Those plans would not be able to share games with 13 and 29 game plan holders, because the games would overlap. Maybe in the future they will attempt to force everyone to 20 and 40. Its just counter productive to have 13, 20 , 29, and 40 game plans.

Also, I just upgraded to a 29 game plan this past week. I simply emailed my rep and told him what sections I would like to sit in and he told me the best options available in those sections. I made my choice and he updated the invoice in my account. Pretty easy process.

Considering an upgrade to a 29-game plan just because it doesn't mention anything about postseason for 13-game holders other than being able to buy tickets. I didn't mind that bronze package last year where it was just one game to ALDS, ALCS, and World Series which is all I'd want anyway.

Does anyone know if they would do that again this year despite it not being listed? or if I called by rep would it be something they know?

Considering an upgrade to a 29-game plan just because it doesn't mention anything about postseason for 13-game holders other than being able to buy tickets. I didn't mind that bronze package last year where it was just one game to ALDS, ALCS, and World Series which is all I'd want anyway.

Does anyone know if they would do that again this year despite it not being listed? or if I called by rep would it be something they know?

It would be pretty shortsighted on the Orioles to only issue postseason tickets to 81 and 29 game plan holder, then give them a sale for extra tickets, then finally allow 13 game holders to battle it out for the remaining tickets. While this may very well happen, I think that would create even more outrage than the 13 game plan ALCS sale debate of 2014.

I've been wondering the same thing but certainly hoping for the better end of the deal.

It would be pretty shortsighted on the Orioles to only issue postseason tickets to 81 and 29 game plan holder, then give them a sale for extra tickets, then finally allow 13 game holders to battle it out for the remaining tickets. While this may very well happen, I think that would create even more outrage than the 13 game plan ALCS sale debate of 2014.

I've been wondering the same thing but certainly hoping for the better end of the deal.

I would assume thats how its going to be.

I am a 29 game plan holder. We are getting less post-season tickets as well.

The additional tickets will be sold with pre-sale codes. Based on your plan is when your pre-sale code will be valid. 81 games will open first, then 29, etc. So yes 13 game plan holders may go last but they may be more tickets available since the 29 game plan are only guaranteed 1 game now. (fine print says details will be available in August - so who knows this may change with 29 and 13 game plan holders)

The bigger problem in my mind was not the guaranteeing of seats, but the fact that a season ticket holder could purchase additional tickets to games that he already had tickets to. As a 29-game plan holder with 2 seats, I could get 2 seats to 2 ALCS games and 4 seats to the other 2. I could then sell my additional seats and go to all four games games basically for free. This is why the secondary market was flooded with tickets before all the 13-game plan holders had an opportunity to buy tickets.

I would assume thats how its going to be.

I am a 29 game plan holder. We are getting less post-season tickets as well.

The additional tickets will be sold with pre-sale codes. Based on your plan is when your pre-sale code will be valid. 81 games will open first, then 29, etc. So yes 13 game plan holders may go last but they may be more tickets available since the 29 game plan are only guaranteed 1 game now. (fine print says details will be available in August - so who knows this may change with 29 and 13 game plan holders)

Ahhh, I did not realize a reduced number of games was the case with 29 game plans as well.

Does anybody know or have a guess as to how many 13, 29 and 81 game season ticket plan holders there are?:confused: 45,971

Typically the only numbers you will ever see are full season equivalents, that is the total of season tickets with 81 game plan seats counting as 1, 29-game plans counting as .36 and 13 game plans counting as .16. That number is not usually publicly available, but it tends to be fairly consistently around 60-65 percent of the total attendance. So for last season, figure 18 to 20 thousand season ticket equivalents for the 30,426 average attendance. I'm not sure I have ever seen a full breakdown of each plan. Obviously they sold season ticket plans during the postseason last year, so both numbers will likely increase.

If anyone has worked in the ticket office, they would have more exact figures but these are decent ballpark numbers, no pun intended.

Archived