Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying I agree with this, but does anyone think that since: 1. If Nolan is healthy, we're pretty sure he's a mlb quality player; and 2. He's healthy: and 3. He's hitting the heck out of the ball-- that the Orioles should keep him on the 25 man and ride him for as long as they can? I'm not suggesting that he will get hurt, but just that he's healthy and hitting and provides tools that are needed on this team.

I think the number crunch will send him to Norfolk, but he sure is taking advantage of his opportunity. Nice to see.

It's also great to see the competition for these last spots. Real quality won't make the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying I agree with this' date=' but does anyone think that since: 1. If Nolan is healthy, we're pretty sure he's a mlb quality player; and 2. He's healthy: and 3. He's hitting the heck out of the ball-- that the Orioles should keep him on the 25 man and ride him for as long as they can? I'm not suggesting that he will get hurt, but just that he's healthy and hitting and provides tools that are needed on this team.

I think the number crunch will send him to Norfolk, but he sure is taking advantage of his opportunity. Nice to see.

It's also great to see the competition for these last spots. Real quality won't make the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']Who is he replacing? And with so many FA leaving next season why no keep him under control for then?

I'm curious whether his FA in 2016 is dependent on whether or not he starts 2015 on the O's roster of if it has more to do with total games played in 2015.

If the latter is the case, I'm a fan of rolling the dice early and going with the hot hand so to speak. I know he has an early opt out date, but if he continues the season hot then it doesn't matter---we just deal with the fact we have to compete for him in 2016 and be satisfied with his contributions to a winning 2015. If he is less than we hoped for, send him to AAA after a few weeks and maybe a need will arise for him prior to his opt out.

We're basically playing with house money with Nolan at this point.

Who is he replacing? And with so many FA leaving next season why no keep him under control for then?

Nolan Reimold's service time is way, way down the list of priorities. If Nolan is hitting, milk it for all it's worth then demote him later.

Cold blooded money ball.

I think it's fairly obvious he'll be leading off and starting in LF on Monday. No one else thinks this?

Gonzalez could easily be optioned to start the year. It would buy us some time. If Reimold is hitting and healthy, he is a big leaguer. With the early off days I'd like to see how DD manipulates the roster.

Nolan Reimold's service time is way, way down the list of priorities. If Nolan is hitting, milk it for all it's worth then demote him later.

Cold blooded money ball.

I agree with this.

First of all, Reimold will very likely not be commanding lots of money when he is eligible for free agency.

Secondly, if Reimold has an ounce of gratitude in him, he will understand that it has been THE ORIOLES that have been sticking with him through all of his injuries/adversity, including this season ...... hence, even if he does have a good full (or almost full) season, he really ought to lean towards playing ball with Duquette and company first and foremost when future contract negotiations come up.

If he is playing well now, and you think that it is best for the team to have him on the roster, play him now, and ask questions later.

Reimold is having a nice spring, just not the spring most think he's having. The usual number of infield singles. Tonight, from the radio feed, a broken bat single and a soft single later on. 3 extra base hits out of 16 hits. To be fair it could be 5 of 18 if he didn't get a double and homer washed out one game. Still, that's not crushing it. On the other hand, Jimmy Paredes has 10 or 20 hits for extra bases. He actually has crushed it this spring. Reimold could get in a groove like he was at Norfolk before his original callup or like he did a few years ago to start the season. He is not in that kind of groove yet. He's also a bad outfielder. Tonight he got an assist because Caleb Joseph made a great play on a throw that was offline and missed the cutoff man at home.

I like Nolan as much as the next guy. There is just nothing wrong or unfair about letting him start at Norfolk.

Objective sober posts like this will be ignored by the rabble.

Reimold is having a nice spring, just not the spring most think he's having. The usual number of infield singles. Tonight, from the radio feed, a broken bat single and a soft single later on. 3 extra base hits out of 16 hits. To be fair it could be 5 of 18 if he didn't get a double and homer washed out one game. Still, that's not crushing it. On the other hand, Jimmy Paredes has 10 or 20 hits for extra bases. He actually has crushed it this spring. Reimold could get in a groove like he was at Norfolk before his original callup or like he did a few years ago to start the season. He is not in that kind of groove yet. He's also a bad outfielder. Tonight he got an assist because Caleb Joseph made a great play on a throw that was offline and missed the cutoff man at home.

I like Nolan as much as the next guy. There is just nothing wrong or unfair about letting him start at Norfolk.

Exactly. Excellent post!!

Objective sober posts like this will be ignored by the rabble.

As a "rabble rouser" myself - I ask, "Bbbbbbbbut what about BABI freakin P"? :scratchchinhmm: Isn't the answer "hidden" somewhere in that lowly stat? If so, my fellow rabblers will "git on board"! :slytf:

N.B. Most of we rabble only care about B.A. but are coming around to BABIP

As a "rabble rouser" myself - I ask, "Bbbbbbbbut what about BABI freakin P"? :scratchchinhmm: Isn't the answer "hidden" somewhere in that lowly stat? If so, my fellow rabblers will "git on board"! :slytf:

N.B. Most of we rabble only care about B.A. but are coming around to BABIP

Better to be rabble rouser, than a grump poster. :)

The question to ask, does Reimold walk enough? :laughlol:

Archived