As Expected, Orioles Offseason Graded a "D"

25 Nuggets

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way would I have traded Bundy/Harvey and Jomar Reyes. But I think that's about what Heyward would have cost.

I think Bundy and Sisco myself. And maybe Jomar too. People who think we could have gotten him for Miguel and Walker are mistaken. And then you would have him like we did Cruz last year. No way he is the Orioles first 150 million dollar player.

I think Bundy and Sisco myself. And maybe Jomar too. People who think we could have gotten him for Miguel and Walker are mistaken. And then you would have him like we did Cruz last year. No way he is the Orioles first 150 million dollar player.

How else are the Orioles going to get All The Draft Picks in the 2016 draft?

There was not any new additions necessary to give the Orioles a real good shot at the 2015 WS. Unless, perhaps fine tuning a little bit. All they had to do was hold the core together, get rid of the dead weight, I can think of a couple I would have tried to get rid of, and probably not tried too hard to sign Miller. With 1/3 of the team coming back and coming so close to the WS, it is reasonable to believe that the chances for 2015 would have been good to win it all. I imagine our competitors are tickled at the offseason we had. I sure would be, if I were them. Now, of course, we could win it all in 2015, but the chances IMO are MUCH less with the present team than they would have been with the above. As for the budget, whatever that mystic number really is, it will be dealt with in 2016 as some FA.s are let go. A successful organization is not locked in to a specific budget number, if by making any one year budget, cast in concrete, so the organization is not likely to reach its goal. Unless, of course, the goal is to have a winning season, be competitive, and brag about how much money is "saved" by not investing wisely the money that was spent.

I would have gone after Jason Heyward with the hopes of maybe extension, if not slap a QO and take the pick...2015 cost would equal De Aza and Snider.

Would have had to give up a good prospect or 2 but would have been a nice fit here.

Which two good prospects are you giving up?

If Scott Coolbaugh turns out to be as important an acquisition this season as Wallace/Chiti were last season, it was a great offseason.

If he ONLY helps get Chris Davis back on track he's good. If he's as good as CD makes him out to be it could be huge for many players.

When the O's acquired Andrew Miller they had a 1/1/2 game lead. They ended with a 12 game lead. Was he responsible for 10 and a 1/2 games? No. But his loss is an enormous loss. As I have said before I have been an O's fan for 52 years and a lifelong college and high school coach. Miller had the best stuff of any reliever we have had in the time period I have been an O's fan. They did not replace Andrew Miller.

Archived