Opening Day Tix

Pedro Cerrano

The levels of priority are those who have been season holders prior to 2012. Recent 81 and 29 game plan holders. And finally 13 game plan holders of the last few seasons.

So 13-game plan holders of the last few seasons do not have priority over new 13-game plan holders?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of a four year vintage. From what I understand. OriolesHangout members tend to get prioritized if they mention it ;)
I am sure you will get some special treatment.

Are you serious? I was offered no special treatment...Weams, could you say something to our rep on my behalf?

This angers me. I may phone my rep tomorrow. There were a TON of new 13 game plan holders just last year because of the playoffs. If they get the same priority as I do that's very unfair.

The Orioles have done a poor job explaining all of this. They easily could have told people who were committing money for new plans during the playoff rush that any new 13 game plan did not guarantee Opening Day. Then they go out and try these 20 and 40 game plans and then ditch them at the last second.

I wonder how many 81 and 29 plan holders there are? We will never know but take 45,000 or so and minus that number and that tells you how many tickets are left for 13 game plan holders.

The levels of priority are those who have been season holders prior to 2012. Recent 81 and 29 game plan holders. And finally 13 game plan holders of the last few seasons.

So what if you've been a STH for 10+ years, but only went from 13 to 29 games during the playoffs last year? So you are basically saying there will be 3 staggered entrances to the pre-sale?

1. Pre-2012 STH (all plan levels?)

2. Recent 29, 81 game upgrades

3. Recent 13-game STH

So what if you've been a STH for 10+ years, but only went from 13 to 29 games during the playoffs last year? So you are basically saying there will be 3 staggered entrances to the pre-sale?

3. Recent 13-game STH

You would still be a long term plan holder. Upgrading does not decrease seniority.

3. Recent 13-game STH

I am saying that is close to my understanding. Let's wait and see before anyone starts getting pissed unnecessarily. I truly believe that anyone not looking to scalp tickets will have no trouble getting their own- I was going to say seat, let me rephrase - Entrance.

OK- I emailed my rep yesterday and he told me they'd be staggering entrances to the pre-sale, but didn't provide many details. I don't think anyone can really argue with the first two groupings, but I imagine if new 2015 STH are allowed to enter at the same time as 13-game plan holders from 2012-14, that will upset some people.

The Orioles have done a poor job explaining all of this. They easily could have told people who were committing money for new plans during the playoff rush that any new 13 game plan did not guarantee Opening Day. Then they go out and try these 20 and 40 game plans and then ditch them at the last second.

I wonder how many 81 and 29 plan holders there are? We will never know but take 45,000 or so and minus that number and that tells you how many tickets are left for 13 game plan holders.

I think the turn-around has been unprecedented. Maybe a team president could make it a more corporate response. Losing the PR director for the whole year did not help, and Lantz leaving and Kristen Hudak being installed made for a blip too.

OK- I emailed my rep yesterday and he told me they'd be staggering entrances to the pre-sale, but didn't provide many details. I don't think anyone can really argue with the first two groupings, but I imagine if new 2015 STH are allowed to enter at the same time as 13-game plan holders from 2012-14, that will upset some people.

I am sure it will. I think the reward phase was for those who had paid for the losing years. No matter what.

Archived