If, IF, if Ubaldo continues to dominate?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am high on Ubaldo for no rational reason other than that he is due for a good year after his struggles last year. It's only April but it's a big start for Ubaldo. He is going to have a tighter leash this year and needs to prove he is worthy of a starting spot.

There's reason to hope that Ubaldo pitches well based on his ST upswing. There's no reason to predict that he will throw 6+ innings, given his history.

6 innings or more 9 times in 22 starts last season; 16 times in 32 starts the season before.

From the Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club:

Our guy will pitch a no-hitter on his way to the Cy Young. :D

Actually, more realistically, he should pitch at least 6 innings. He might have a jam in the 1st, but he'll get himself out of it with no damage. He'll breeze through 5 more innings, or maybe 6. So I'll say 6 IP, 7 SO, 1 BB, no runs.

So...your level-best, most generous reason for making such a prediction averages out to something worse than a coin flip? Gotcha.

I didn't make such a prediction, I just responded to your comment. I did predict (to myself) that you would make a flippant response, so I got that right.

I didn't make such a prediction, I just responded to your comment. I did predict (to myself) that you would make a flippant response, so I got that right.

I don't see a record of that prediction.

And failing to read "good" reason into my initial comment is...not being flippant?

Regardless, please don't try to be the "well, actually" guy and take the moral high ground at the same time. It doesn't work.

I don't see a record of that prediction.

And failing to read "good" reason into my initial comment is...not being flippant?

Regardless, please don't try to be the "well, actually" guy and take the moral high ground at the same time. It doesn't work.

Your initial comment lacked data to support your statement. I provided the data.

Enjoy your life as a character in a film noir. Adios.

Archived