After a week of the Grapefruit League, where are the O's?

wildcard

Record: 2-6; at home 1-3

27th in OPS

21st in ERA

Tranlation: The other team's second stringers are beat the O's first stringers.

What does this mean. Nothing, except the O's don't want to start the regular season the way they are starting the exhibition season.

Dariel Alvarez is out hitting Snider, Lough, Jones, and de Aza. If that is happening in week 4 look for Buck to pay a little more attention. Especually if the team in not hitting as a whole.

Jason Garcia is wowing them. Great fastball which he seems to be controlling and according to Joseph as pretty good slider. When this kid pitches everyone stops to watch. O's may have to make room for this kid.

They are warming a spot in the pen for Ubaldo. Enough said

Norris had a bad outing but Bud had such a good 2014 no one cares. He will find it.

Paredes is hitting but then again he should be. He is in middle season form after playing winter ball while everyone else is trying to find their stroke. But can he field? Stay tuned.

Cabrera has to pick up his pace if he wants to avoid a trip to AAA. Flaherty is not sleeping on this competition.

Wieters O-13. So maybe his hitting is behind his fielding and, of course, he is not fielding in a game yet.

I refuse to go into Adamgate or CDgate. You can read that in another thread.

Nothing has happen good or bad that can't be undone in the next three weeks.

So what did you see that I didn't mention?

1-5 in one run games. Have lost 5 straight. Any good sabermetrician would tell you that is just bad luck and will even out over time. :D

Wieters 0-4, still .000 for the spring. Should we be worried?

Solid performances again by Chen and Gausman. Four of the six starters have looked sharp. Still waiting on Norris and (of course) Ubaldo.

Rocky inning by Garcia but he got out of it.

Manny 3-3 with SB. He is looking terrific so far.

Delmon Young is also .000 this spring. Any chance he gets squeezed by Lough/Alvarez/Paredes?

Wieters 0-4, still .000 for the spring. Should we be worried?

Solid performances again by Chen and Gausman. Four of the six starters have looked sharp. Still waiting on Norris and (of course) Ubaldo.

Rocky inning by Garcia but he got out of it.

Manny 3-3 with SB. He is looking terrific so far.

Delmon Young is also .000 this spring. Any chance he gets squeezed by Lough/Alvarez/Paredes?

After the year Delmon had for the O's last year I think he is safe to start the season.

After the year Delmon had for the O's last year I think he is safe to start the season.

I think this is correct, but I maintain something I said early in the off-season, if Delmon is used any more than he was last year he's going to be exposed. Frankly, I expect a degree of regression even if he's in the same role as last year.

I think this is correct, but I maintain something I said early in the off-season, if Delmon is used any more than he was last year he's going to be exposed. Frankly, I expect a degree of regression even if he's in the same role as last year.

I think Delmon's role does expand. He will start at DH against lefties and pitchers he has good numbers against.

Also when a right handed pitcher starts and Pearce is DHing then the other team brings in a lefty and Buck wants to PH, that is Delmon's spot. It looks like Delmon will go into right field in some cases after he PH.

I can see Delmon getting 350 at bats and doing well because Buck picks his spots.

Delmon looks like he has lost some weight to me.

Archived