Dan's Strategy This Offseason

Aristotelian

smh. Are you suggesting that having a good eye, understanding the strike zone and reliably moving runners over is obsolete? I'm not specifically talking about the length of an at bat. Again, my point is that I wish the Orioles had balanced out their lineup a little bit so that they aren't as reliant on the home run.

I believe that having a good eye is a great way to hit. Superb.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Explain how he can spend more than he is permitted then. I'll agree if you are correct.

We're talking about 2 different issues - You're saying that the budget is a hard $120 million. I am questioning why the budget is $120 million. Why is the budget only $22 million more than the 1998 payroll? In addition, if the budget is $120 million, why overpay for a guy like Jimenez? Like Can of Corn said earlier, they haven't exactly done an efficient job

We're talking about 2 different issues - You're saying that the budget is a hard $120 million. I am questioning why the budget is $120 million. Why is the budget only $22 million more than the 1998 payroll? In addition, if the budget is $120 million, why overpay for a guy like Jimenez? Like Can of Corn said earlier, they haven't exactly done an efficient job
No no. I am right. It is what it is. You think Dan does not want to spend his budget?

No, no. This is not a debate on what a small to mid market budget SHOULD be while the broadcast rights are under litigation. This is your criticism of Dan Duquette. Go forward.

Why it's only 120 million? I have no answer. But we did not overpay for Ubaldo at the time, I do not think.

Because that is where ownership put it.

You might as well be the 12 year old me wondering why I was only getting three bucks a week.

We are talking one issue. What would you have done differently under the same financial constraints. Since you are the critic.

With your thoughts about Team ownership and Front office being what it is, I wonder how you would have felt, 10 years ago about things.

Archived