Manny will be fine

Going Underground

I don't think anyone is really worrying.

Per the Sun:

People shouldn't be hitting the panic button on Manny Machado after he collected just one hit through the first week of the season. But if they are, there's an easy way to walk them back to reality.

Machado is making contact very good contact when he is up. That he has one hit to show for it is one of those early-season anomalies that simply being in the lineup every day will easily rectify

Manny Machado is hitting the ball as hard as anyone in the game, so don't worry about his production yet.

Every ball Manny Machado has hit is over 100 mph this year, according to MLB data.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-through-first-week-manny-machado-among-hardest-hitters-in-game-despite-lack-of-results-20150413-story.html

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet he looked fine in spring training and he stole a base last night.

I don't think stealing bases has anything to do with it. I believe its a psychological thing that just has to do with his swing... his foot doesn't seem to be pushing down the same as he did before the injury and he isn't getting as much power into his swings because of that.

He looks pretty relaxed at the plate. He's fouling pitches off on two strike counts. The only lost soul at the plate is Flaherty IMO. He really hasn't shown much improvement over the two years.

Ryan hit .288 last Sept/Oct while filling in for Manny, and playing every day.

Ryan hit .288 last Sept/Oct while filling in for Manny, and playing every day.

Getting off topic here, but I get a little tired of hearing defenses of Flaherty based on what he did in small sample sizes late in a season. He is what he is -- a useful utility player who doesn't hit well enough to warrant being a starter on a good team.

Getting off topic here, but I get a little tired of hearing defenses of Flaherty based on what he did in small sample sizes late in a season. He is what he is -- a useful utility player who doesn't hit well enough to warrant being a starter on a good team.

I hear you, but, I am also getting tired of reading people kicking the man and saying he has proven, he can't hit.

Granted, if he hit better, he could be an everyday player.

He is a useful utility player that won't kill you, if he has to play for a few extended weeks.

I'm not worried about Manny's hitting. He looks fabulous (as usual) at 3B. His range is incredible. :)

Watching him play defense in combination of utmost confidence, and a thing of beauty. And I agree, I'm not worried about his hitting, it will come.

Archived