vs. RED SOX, 4/17

OFFNY

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really pathetic how the MLB acted as if it was a league wide issue and no one called them on it. It's the Red Sox and Yankees.

Every. Single. Time.

I live here in Boston. The Red Sox sucked last year, so rather than focus on anything that was actually going on around the league, division races, etc., talk radio all year was all about the length of games. There's a reason this happened after last year rather than after 2013, for example, when Sox were champs.

Not trying to brawl. Just get Kelly thrown out to even the playing field.

Anyone remember when Palmeiro just stuck his elbow out to get hit? Took the fastball off of it like it was nothing.

I know but Kelly being tossed could cause one. I'd rather just beat them and their fan upping home plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was definitely intentional, I don't really see anything wrong with the call. (Was it definitely intentional though?)

Pedro Schoop says the mope on NESN, haha. These guys, my word.

How would the ump know that it was intentional? Can he read Ubaldo's mind? Usually they issue a warning, but not this time. This makes no sense. :confused:

You think that's bad. I've never seen a no no or triple play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to say I saw Mattingly hit into a 5-4-3 TP at Memorial Stadium. Although normally I always sat on the west side of the stadium, I was in the right field upper deck, maybe Sec 32 or 33, for that one.

Now I'm going to have to dig through baseball reference to try and find it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I hope that we can agree that there is a difference between what is required for regular season success and what is required for playoff success. It is unarguable that we have already achieved the first (in spades). The second is still up in the air (especially given the end to last season). Yes I have advocated for those things. Not as an all in one scenario or an all or nothing proposition. But as in we could/should do this one or how about that one or those two? Given we haven't done any up to this point. Lastly, I get that you don't agree or like what I have to say. But you don't have to make stuff up, grossly exaggerate what I post, or go so far as to put words in my mouth. But to each their own. We don't have to agree and that is fine.
    • I think 105.7 was wrong. When he got sent back down after being the 27th man, that didn't count as one of the five options. Here is what Roch wrote today: "Vespi was optioned for a fourth time. The Orioles can do it one more time before reaching the maximum and having to pass him through waivers."  
    • People still get sick and feel bad.  Doesn't seem like a big deal.  Glad he's back in the lineup.
    • Admittedly I am taking a wide swing.  But you post consistently on two things.  Adding pitching.  And the fact that without adding pitching they are not seriously competing for a World Series. Besides the fact that the seriously competing part is just flat out wrong.  You speak frequently of the deep pockets of the new ownership group and the deep reserve of talent the GM has to acquire  elite or difference making pitching. On its face I don't think anyone has an issue with that.  But while you say I am falsely accusing you of wild spending.  Just in this thread alone, you have advocated for signing Burnes, Gunnar trading for Skubual and that's just in the last couple pages and just in this one thread.  You have advocated for other moves and these are not one off.  I am trying to not be offensive, but it comes across as fantasy league stuff.   Yes the Orioles would be more competitive if they had more pitching.  Yes new ownership should spend more freely than previous ownership.  But if Burnes wants the biggest paycheck, he isn't coming back here.  If Skubal can be had for Mayo, he isn't coming here.  If Gunnar wants years and dollars in the Witt range or slightly higher, maybe the O's do it.  If he wants much more he will likely be traded by a dispassionate GM for a boat load sometime down the road. I don't want that, most fans don't want that...regardless of how far the O's will go....you are still wrong about the basic assumption you consistently quote.  The Orioles are already contending for a WS.  They can do more, but seriously...they are indisputably one of the favorites today. 
  • Popular Contributors