I thoroughly enjoyed Big Baby getting tossed

Frobby

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the more funnier in that he came nowhere close to swinging at that pitch. The ump was just sick of him.

Lol, I thought it was a bad call, too, but I agree they're probably just sick of this overgrown crybaby. I was glad he got tossed on a bogus call. It made it all the more enjoyable to watch.

Crazy that he got that bent out of shape on a strike 2 call...

Maybe he should think back to earlier in the game and take into account that the umpires are professionals doing a job also. Better chance they don't miss a call that might go his way if he acts a little more like a civil person just once in his life on the ball field instead of adolescent who hasn't had enough to eat.

He's the absolute worst. Loathe him more than anyone in the MLB.

Couldn't agree more. Big Sloppy as my brother calls him.

Crazy that he got that bent out of shape on a strike 2 call...

Yeah, just double checked, 1-1 pitch on the check swing that was called strike two. Nava came into hit for him inheriting the 1-2 count after he was tossed.

So, that makes his antics even more egregious. He had another strike to work with but felt like throwing a tantrum. Brilliant.

Lol, I thought it was a bad call, too, but I agree they're probably just sick of this overgrown crybaby. I was glad he got tossed on a bogus call. It made it all the more enjoyable to watch.
Observe the difference between Ubaldo getting tossed on a bogus call and Papi getting tossed out. Ubaldo seemed to be inquring about the ejection, then he walked off the field into the clubhouse. Papi, in contrast, had a huge temper tantrum.

Observe the difference between Ubaldo getting tossed on a bogus call and Papi getting tossed out. Ubaldo seemed to be inquring about the ejection, then he walked off the field into the clubhouse. Papi, in contrast, had a huge temper tantrum.

It's the drugs. :scratchchinhmm:

During the game thread, I wondered why he's been given such latitude to misbehave on the field? He's popular, but not in that "Derek Jeter" kind of way.

I see him whine and complain about strikes ALL of the time. Why has he been allowed to act like a fool for so long?

MSK

He did offer is bat at the ball in the strike zone. It could have been a ball punched through the infield or against a shift. There is not a definitive rule on a checked swing in MLB. "Breaking the wrists" or bat head beyond the plate are two sure examples- a sharp smack to the ball as if in a pepper game is sort of a 50:50 call. Try to read the slob's lips where he is protesting the call. He is not a native English speaker, so he does not have a big vocabulary. He clenches his lower lip and to me seems to be saying "Fxxx you!" That will get you toshed. He did bump the umpire and should be suspended. There is no room in any sport of intimidating the official.

H

Ortiz put on a fine display of 'Roid Rage yesterday. Somebody call me when they find his missing drug tests...

And did anybody find out why Jordan Baker wasn't on the umpire crew yesterday? Did he collect his payoff money and flee the country or something?

I wondered why he was missing myself. I know the broadcasters said they were short but didn't say why.

That said the check swing was a no swing. It's fine for the umps to throw him for arguing earlier ...but dumb to make up a call to escalate the matter again. For the record I don't like Ortiz...as a referee I think what the third base umpire did was stupid!

I think he got tossed because he used one of the "magic words" and flipped his bat down. I think they let his look down to third slide on the first one, but when you use the f-bomb and flip your bat to the ground like that, you deserve to be tossed. Plus, he's a big jerk anyway.

Archived