vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/23

OFFNY

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Spitting image of Troy Glaus.  He is a large human being.
    • I'm far from a swing expert,  but I really feel that swing is going to translate incredibly well to big league pitching.  His hands are quick as hell, compact when slapping gappers, and extends just enough when he launches missiles out of AAA stadiums.  You don't see that with big guys often.
    • To say that Miller has had a significant arm injury would be, to me, the same as saying Bradish has had a significant arm injury. Would you agree?
    • Mullins is a CF, Miller is a closer who has already had a significant arm injury. The two are not equivalent.  Basically they would want to trade him (given the high probability of pitcher’s injuries) if/before something happens to him.
    • I’d like to see Kjerstad start tomorrow with righty Hunter Greene on the mound. Kjerstad started for Santander Wednesday so pretty much no chance Santander gets another day of rest this fast so I could see a scenario where Kjerstad plays for Cowser who has been ice cold the past week+ both offensively and defensively. Reds have a small park so it’s not as if Kjerstad would have to cover a ton of extra ground if he was to start in left.  
    • Yeah that's a good point about trading Miller for as much as possible -- implying quantity as well as quality.  What if the A's trade for Basallo and he turns out to be as mediocre as the start to this season?  The O's will probably trade more players if they don't have to trade one of Mayo or Basallo, and as deep as our farm system is quantity and quality should be able to be had together.  But if the A's ask for one of the top 3 guys they have to accept they won't get much of anyone else -- if anyone else.  More players from a deep system increases the chance of multiple quality players. Defense is important to everyone.  I can't remember the last time the O's had so many good hitting prospects with such questionable defense.  But there were many years I was not paying attention, so maybe it's not such a new thing.
    • The age is a problem for the A’s because they are not ready to win now and he is already at his prime years. This is the whole reason that they would be reading a 25 yr old Miller. The future is what they are building toward.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now