Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

Does this mean the Cubs trolls, err i mean fans go away now?

I hope your not talking about all of us. Why can't you be tolerant of respectful fans of other teams on your board? We even tolerate stupid Cardinals fans on our Cubs board, and Cardinals fans are idiots.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope your not talking about all of us. Why can't you be tolerant of respectful fans of other teams on your board? We even tolerate stupid Cardinals fans on our Cubs board, and Cardinals fans are idiots.

I don't want to speak for Sports Guy or put words in his mouth, but I doubt he meant all of the Cubs fans. Sports Guy seems to really enjoy talking baseball so I would think that he wouldn't want anyone to leave the board that can contribute to the conversations with some substance. I will admit at first I lumped all of you together, but I have learned that I was wrong. Some of you have really become a welcome addition to the board IMO.

Good, we are in total agreement. Hendry should have made the offer. I'm not really sure what you are arguing about.

In your original post that I responded to, you said that Cub fans don't want Hendry to trade away minor league prospects for a proven leadoff hitter, and I disagreed with that. And I still do.

Cub fans don't want to trade away the opening day CF'er and/or our #3 starter to get a proven leadoff hitter. As far as I'm concerned everyone else who is actually in the minor leagues is fair game.

Why should we show tolerance and respect to those who don't return the favor?

BTW, funny how you talk about tolerance and respect and call another teams' fans idiots.

I don't want to speak for Sports Guy or put words in his mouth, but I doubt he meant all of the Cubs fans. Sports Guy seems to really enjoy talking baseball so I would think that he wouldn't want anyone to leave the board that can contribute to the conversations with some substance. I will admit at first I lumped all of you together, but I have learned that I was wrong. Some of you have really become a welcome addition to the board IMO.

Yea, not everyone is lumped into this but I am not going to seperate everyone, by name, into 2 categories every time I post.

Would stating that Andy McPhail is an utter idiot be construed as "dumb crap" in your book?

Congrats, now you have an unsettled, and probably tacitly disgruntled all-star second baseman who's stuck riding the exercise bike of life in Baltimore, all the while, knowingly working under a baseball moron who was fired by the Chicago Cubs for basically doing nothing significant with the franchise.

But hey, you fans, to date, are getting what you want in keeping the franchise, "BRob," so be careful what you wish for here; it's only going to get better, right?

Right!

Yep we are under an "idiot" who just got the arguably the best return in talent for a single player in the last 5 years and turned two players into 10 quallity guys. What a moron! :rolleyes:

Would stating that Andy McPhail is an utter idiot be construed as "dumb crap" in your book?

Congrats, now you have an unsettled, and probably tacitly disgruntled all-star second baseman who's stuck riding the exercise bike of life in Baltimore, all the while, knowingly working under a baseball moron who was fired by the Chicago Cubs for basically doing nothing significant with the franchise.

But hey, you fans, to date, are getting what you want in keeping the franchise, "BRob," so be careful what you wish for here; it's only going to get better, right?

Right!

MacPhail's done great so far in Baltimore, if for no other reason than he finally convinced Angelos of a rebuild. He got one of the best returns of any trade in recent memory for Erik Bedard according to many baseball writers. He unloaded a huge contract and got what could be several serviceable pieces for Tejada.

Not moving Roberts is disappointing, but its completely unfair to say that an offer of Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, and a 4th lesser guy is a great offer that can't be turned down. Theres certainly some value there, but nobody that really stands out, with the possible exception of Gallagher. Its a deal that could be accepted, but calling him an idiot for not accepting it is certainly ridiculous.

Right!

See what I mean?

Can't wait to these trolls leave....It would be one thing if they had an intelligent, knowledge or something like that but for many of them, they don't.

I am curious, do Cubs fans ever think that it was Cubs ownership (the Tribune) that tied MacPhail's hands? If you think about it I think MacPhail has more power in the Orioles organization than he did within the Cubs system. I think a lot of this is sour grapes because Cubs fans wish MacPhail had this power when he was with the Cubs.

Smart move by them...Much smarter than trading for Payton.

I remember people on here wanting to give up good value for Johnson last year.

I like the move plus it only cost them a million bucks and without giving anyone up. The thing I like about Johnson is he is career 329 hitter against left handed pitching.

In your original post that I responded to, you said that Cub fans don't want Hendry to trade away minor league prospects for a proven leadoff hitter, and I disagreed with that. And I still do.

Cub fans don't want to trade away the opening day CF'er and/or our #3 starter to get a proven leadoff hitter. As far as I'm concerned everyone else who is actually in the minor leagues is fair game.

If you are saying that Hendry should not let Ceda and/or Colvin stand in the way of making a deal for Roberts, we are in agreement. If, like many Cub fans, you think Hendry should hang on to Ceda and/or Colvin at all costs, then we disagree. Contrary to many that have posted, I do not believe that Pie is the hangup. I believe that the deal would be done if Ceda or Colvin was the fourth man with Cedeno, Gallagher, and Veal. I am being as clear as I can be. If you would do that deal, we are in agreement. If not, I'm guessing that you and Hendry would be in agreement. In any case, I am of the opinion that Hendry has said no to that package and McPhail has said no to a "lesser" player being the fourth guy. In other words, Ceda/Colvin is the sticking point, IMO. If you believe that all Cub fans are willing to trade the package I am suggesting, there have been a great many posts that you have missed.

Archived