vs. RANGERS, 6/30

OFFNY

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• He's had his good stuff the last few appearances. Also had a terrific play on a swinging bunt by Stanton (helped out by Stanton's ridiculous speed--Yanks announcers went on about how he was hustling, this is just what he is capable of, etc). 
    • I take it to mean that Girardi doesn’t know how to read Baseball Savant.
    • Sounds like you are in the camp for letting Burnes walk at season’s end? Any thoughts on a plan to replace him next year? Another trade? Different FA signing? Something else?
    • Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of looking forward to Hays being back, whether it's a straight swap of McKenna or at the expense of Kjerstad. I want a steady defense-oriented RH outfielder on this team, and McKenna just isn't good enough. Yeah Hays lacks speed, but he's steady and gets good jumps. He will hit better than he has so far.  I've been as critical of Hays as the next guy but I think objectively the roster feels a bit wonky without him. Cowser gets pretty exposed facing lefties, Kjerstad is useless on this team right now, and McKenna isn't much more useful either. Hays helps smooth out the rough edges of this 26-man, IMO, even if his playing time is significantly cut.  I also think a straight CF platoon with Mullins is absolutely in the cards with how terrible Ced has been against LHP this year. 
    • I agree.  We've used him 5 times in the past week.  3 of them were for longer than an inning.  Cano has been huge for us, but we need someone else to be able to step into high-leverage 7th or 8th innings other than he and Coulombe.  Hopefully Cionel can be that guy.
    • You’ve mentioned this several times.  Burnes has thrown 35.1 innings in 6 starts.   At that pace, in 33 starts he’ll throw 194 innings.  I’d gladly take that.  
    • I will say that in 1970 I didn’t think the Yankees were going to destroy Oriole pitching. And if I did, I wouldn’t have said it out loud.    Sure I was only seven. But yeah it is starting to stand out that many still think of this team as if it is a pretender.    I expect a win. Every night. Every series. Why would you not? Do I think the East is assured?  No. But it goes through Baltimore.    Do I think the WS is assured?  Of course not. But I do think one or more is coming. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now