[Orioles] possible trade candidates

Cheese Oriole

He is a mirror image of CD with a few less home runs. Similar BA/OPS/OPS+ and WAR.

At this moment if I could clone CD and have him play RF and 1B I would and that says something about the other options.

I'm not trading Lough, Paredes and Tyler Wilson for a player that has put up 0.5 fWAR and 0.3 rWAR over the last season and a half.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not trading Lough, Paredes and Tyler Wilson for a player that has put up 0.5 fWAR and 0.3 rWAR over the last season and a half.

Isn't that framing Bruce's production in a very specific, slightly disingenuous way? He was a 2-5 win player every year from 2010-13, had a terrible 2014, but is now on pace for about a 2.5 win season in 2015. If you take any other period of Bruce's career other than one that's focused on 2014 he'll look a lot better.

Isn't that framing Bruce's production in a very specific, slightly disingenuous way? He was a 2-5 win player every year from 2010-13, had a terrible 2014, but is now on pace for about a 2.5 win season in 2015. If you take any other period of Bruce's career other than one that's focused on 2014 he'll look a lot better.
Not to mention he's 28 with a year and a reasonable option year left after this one. I would expect career average production over that time span.

Not to mention he's 28 with a year and a reasonable option year left after this one. I would expect career average production over that time span.

Lets put it this way, when you look at who you can find a way to get AB's see a pool of Reimold, Lough, Parmalee, Pearce and Jay Bruce.....Yea Bruce might not be a guy who makes you go ooooh aaaahhhh but he is a hell of a lot better than rest of those guys and has been so on a consistent basis with the exception of last year.

Problem is that I think with the market being what it is, he will a bit to rich for what the O's have to offer. Its a sellers market in a big way.

It will be interesting to see how the Orioles value the defense of any acquisition of a hitter. While the team obviously values defense highly, their deadline acquisitions have not always been great defenders.

As an aside. What would Justin Upton cost? Gausman, wright, mancini?

For three months? And they get to pay him 6 million of so?

I wouldn't trade Gausman for a rental.

Archived