Wesley Wright DFA (Released)

Can_of_corn

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Cotillo had it first, Roch confirmed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have designated LH reliever Wesley Wright for assignment. Had to activate him from 60-day DL. <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisCotillo">@ChrisCotillo</a> reported first.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">July 15, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, that certainly was money spent for nothing.

But how do you know that before he is signed. He was brought in as a cheap replacement for Matusz but he got hurt and never pitched well. DD did similar signing with Paredes and Roe and about 20 other guys. Some work out and some don't.

But how do you know that before he is signed. He was brought in as a cheap replacement for Matusz but he got hurt and never pitched well. DD did similar signing with Paredes and Roe and about 20 other guys. Some work out and some don't.

Big DFA list this season.

Figure got at least one more to go.

Big DFA list this season.

Figure got at least one more to go.

I think it is one of Dan's biggest strengths that he signs a lot of depth and is not afraid to DFA guys and pay their salary if they don't work out. I think we have all seen GMs that hold on to guys because they are paying their salaries but not performing. That probably hurts the team.

Agreed. I'm not second guessing the signing, just observing that we got nothing out of it (unless we're able to trade him).

Archived