Roy Williams Is A Disgrace

section18

Yes! Roy Williams is running up the score on little Mt St. Mary's. He is still playing starters with a 42 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. Hold up with that last comment. He has now pulled his starters for another All-American group to come in and practice. The Carolina players are gloating over their performance. I wonder how Roy would feel being the coach of Mt. St Mary's tonight? If I was the Mt. coach I would not shake his hand after the game. No class. I have Memphis beating his team in the championship game but hope Carolina goes out early after watching this performance. Carolina now has 113 points with a minute to go and Roy is smiling on the bench. Disgraceful.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes! Roy Williams is running up the score on little Mt St. Mary's. He is still playing starters with a 42 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. Hold up with that last comment. He has now pulled his starters for another All-American group to come in and practice. The Carolina players are gloating over their performance. I hope they all pull hamstrings and get their clock cleaned in their next game. I wonder how Roy would feel being the coach of Mt. St Mary's tonight? If I was the Mt. coach I would not shake his hand after the game. No class. I have Memphis beating his team in the championship game but hope Carolina goes out early after watching this performance. Carolina now has 113 points with a minute to go and Roy is smiling on the bench. Disgraceful.

BULL, The last five guys on the team were in with 4:56 to go. The starters were out long before that. Graves, Stepheson, Copeland, Green, and Thomas were in from the 8 minute mark. Hate all you want but don't make up stuff.

Well, whatever he did it was a mistake, because he spent most of the second half correcting it with white-out.

The game was out of hand and he handled it as well as he could. Lawson, Ellington, and Hansbrough were out midway through the half and all the white guys came in at 4:56 left. These guys NEVER play and actually did some nice things out there.

The game was out of hand and he handled it as well as he could. Lawson, Ellington, and Hansbrough were out midway through the half and all the white guys came in at 4:56 left. These guys NEVER play and actually did some nice things out there.

Um...you know I was agreeing with you, right? :P

Um...you know I was agreeing with you, right? :P

I know you were, and i appreciate it. Man that really made me mad. Hansbrough played 26 minutes, Lawson 18, Ellington 22, Thompson 19, and Ginyard 14..how dare him say Roy played the starters too long...Like I said, root against them, hate them all you want, but don't come around and talk if it's not true.

It's not about minutes which you allude to. There were regulars in the game midway through the second half and he brings a wave of backups in with about 5 minutes left in the game leading by 41. Hansbrough was brought back in the game with a 30+ point lead mid way through the second half. If regulars were injured with a 30+ point lead supporters would have been upset.

Did they try a little slow down? No they were running up and down the court trying to steal the ball for dunks and layups at every opportunity. Do you deny that? What is going to happen if they meet a slowdown team like Wisconsin? Not likely but possible. He could have taken it easy on the Mount last night and didn't. I guess you like blowouts more than most people do. Coaches should not be smiling on the bench with 40 point leads. It's a competitive game and the other team and fans notice these things. I guess it's safe to say they covered the line last night. Bringing 5 guys in at a time is definitely a way of showing up another team. Dean Smith did it years ago. It's a way of saying look what I've got. I can substitute freely and still run you off the court. Thanks for correcting me.

I think hate is a poor analysis. If Carolina were playing Duke I would support Carolina everytime. I respect their program and do not dislike them as you think. I just don't like little schools getting steamrollered by a big school.

BULL, The last five guys on the team were in with 4:56 to go. The starters were out long before that. Graves, Stepheson, Copeland, Green, and Thomas were in from the 8 minute mark. Hate all you want but don't make up stuff.

sorry beaner....love your posts, but I was there...and even the Carolina fans were wondering what was going on and why Lawson, Ellington ect were still in the game..., they're weak string got a cheer because they all came in at 4:00 left in the game...it was pretty awful...I actually had respect for him before this

Now Milan Brown, thats class...he came over to us (student section) and me, a teacher lol, and his whole team clapped at us for what seemed like 2 minutes. The whole stadium gave them a standing ovation. It was one of the best sports moments I have ever seen up close

sorry beaner....love your posts' date=' but I was there...and even the Carolina fans were wondering what was going on and why Lawson, Ellington ect were still in the game..., they're weak string got a cheer because they all came in at 4:00 left in the game...it was pretty awful...I actually had respect for him before this

Now Milan Brown, thats class...he came over to us (student section) and me, a teacher lol, and his whole team clapped at us for what seemed like 2 minutes. The whole stadium gave them a standing ovation. It was one of the best sports moments I have ever seen up close[/quote']

Lawson played 18 minutes..Come on man, what is he supposed to do? There is no way to handle that so that everyone is happy. Ellington played 22, Ginyard 14. Obviously the game is giong to be a blowout, Coach Brown and Coach Willams knew that. You have to get your players some minutes. I just don't see what Roy could have done different. The starters were out long before the 4:56 mark. It was Thomas, Copeland, Graves, Green, and Stepheson from 8 minutes on. Lawson, Ellington, and Hansbrough were not in at that point.

It's not about minutes which you allude to. There were regulars in the game midway through the second half and he brings a wave of backups in with about 5 minutes left in the game leading by 41. Hansbrough was brought back in the game with a 30+ point lead mid way through the second half. If regulars were injured with a 30+ point lead supporters would have been upset.

Did they try a little slow down? No they were running up and down the court trying to steal the ball for dunks and layups at every opportunity. Do you deny that? What is going to happen if they meet a slowdown team like Wisconsin? Not likely but possible. He could have taken it easy on the Mount last night and didn't. I guess you like blowouts more than most people do. Coaches should not be smiling on the bench with 40 point leads. It's a competitive game and the other team and fans notice these things. I guess it's safe to say they covered the line last night. Bringing 5 guys in at a time is definitely a way of showing up another team. Dean Smith did it years ago. It's a way of saying look what I've got. I can substitute freely and still run you off the court. Thanks for correcting me.

I think hate is a poor analysis. If Carolina were playing Duke I would support Carolina everytime. I respect their program and do not dislike them as you think. I just don't like little schools getting steamrollered by a big school.

I don't know what you wanted them to do different. I understand that it sucks when a small school gets beat like that, I really do. However, when the "white out" players come in, they want to score too. When I tell you that none of those guys ever play, I mean they NEVER play. Are they supposed to just let the shot clock expire each time down the court? I don't like seeing blowouts like that either, I agree. But calling a thread "Roy Williams is a disgrace" is a bit much, whether I went to Carolina or not.

And the starters were not in until the 5 minute mark, it's just not true. Coach Brown was terrific in his comments after the game, and Coach Williams did apologize for the blowout, which he often does in these situations.

Beaner I think you are slight wrong here...TH and company were taken out around the 8-9 minute mark but brought back in for another minute or so...I believe that is how it went.

Either way, who cares? The reason Roy Williams is a disgrace is because he coaches UNC. :D

Beaner I think you are slight wrong here...TH and company were taken out around the 8-9 minute mark but brought back in for another minute or so...I believe that is how it went.

Either way, who cares? The reason Roy Williams is a disgrace is because he coaches UNC. :D

Ok, they were all out by the 7 minute mark, and most of the starters played a little more or a little less than half of the game. It doesn't really matter, the style that Carolina plays I can see why people may look at this as a "run up the score" type situation. However, if you've seen the Heels play at all this year, you know that's how they play regardless of who is on the floor.

By the way, lots of respect for MSM trying to play that style and not giving in to Carolina at all. They never stopped going at it for 40 minutes.

I understand that Carolina is on top right now, and it's great to root against them and want them to lose or whatever. That's fine and I appreciate that, I feel the same way about the Red Sox ,and our boards general obsession with hating the Yankees is proof that this line of thinking exists. My only issue is the title of this thread, that's it. Calling it "Roy Williams is a disgrace", is, in a word, a disgrace.

This thread is a disgrace, Roy Williams job is to win games and get his team ready for the next round. Job done. Don't cry for MSM, that is just a part of being a small fish.

I agree with this...He had the whiteys in for the final 5 minutes....What more do you want?

The goal is to win the tourney. The goal is to keep your team sharp. Roy got them rest. He played his starters significantly less minutes than normal. ANd, 5 guys you've probably never seen before played the last 5 minutes of the game. If you don't like little schools getting steamrolled by big schools, I suggest you don't watch until the second round.

By the way, did you see Kansas win by 35 in the 1st round and have 3 starters play 30 minutes? I guess their coach is scum too. And UCLA won by 41 and had 4 starters play more than 23 minutes. Let's get a mob headed out to LA to take care of them.

Archived