vs. BRAVES, 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are deathly afraid of exposing valuable assets like Snyder, Parmalee, and Reimold to waivers for fear we might lose control of them, which would spell doom for our organization.

So guys in Norfolk who might help us are stranded there without a life raft.

Yeah, it makes sense to me too.

Why would they keep Parmelee at this point over another RH hitter? Makes no sense. No offense to Flaherty but when he is starting at 1B vs a lefty that says something.

It says Buck needs to see a professional about his Davis is an outfielder delusion.

I don't care as much about that, although I tend to agree with you. I mean Ryan Flahety starting at 1B vs a lefty doesn't cry a roster issue?

Another reason to start Caleb is that the team ERA when he starts is 3.53. It's 3.98 when Matt starts. That's almost a difference of one run every two games. And last season it was an even bigger difference. 3.03 to 3.93. It's not even like Wieters has a lot of upside. He has a career 97 wRC+. He's a below average league hitter. Joseph is at a 91wRC+ this season and has made real improvements in his K/BB ratio which is the main reason he's been better this year (as well as a deserved bump in BABIP which was terrible last season). Unless Matt performs better than his career average at the plate (at least a league average hitter) there's no reason that he should be starting.

Another reason to start Caleb is that the team ERA when he starts is 3.53. It's 3.98 when Matt starts. That's almost a difference of one run every two games. And last season it was an even bigger difference. 3.03 to 3.93. It's not even like Wieters has a lot of upside. He has a career 97 wRC+. He's a below average league hitter. Joseph is at a 91wRC+ this season and has made real improvements in his K/BB ratio which is the main reason he's been better this year (as well as a deserved bump in BABIP which was terrible last season). Unless Matt performs better than his career average at the plate (at least a league average hitter) there's no reason that he should be starting.

.45 is almost the same as 1/2?

I had no idea.

CERA is pretty meaningless particularly in the sample size you are referencing.

Archived