vs. BRAVES, 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Exactly, the issue is not arm strength it's accuracy which was discussed in another thread-it's a problem.  I think Cowser has looked much better in the field this year and could be the long term answer in LF, he's so fluid for his size, I think the routes will improve but the arm.....When he is struggling at the plate it seems to affects his confidence/defense.  He's also struggling to advance runners.
    • Oh okay, you mentioned back-to-back World Series. I think we could add other pitchers not named Miller that could help, and it wouldn't have to include Basallo. Burnes will more than likely not be returning. Means? Wells and Irvin? This isn't what we need right now? okay, so next year? Again, I feel using those type of players in a trade would be better using it for a starter. 
    • The defensive ability of those guys is a real issue. I agree with that. The issue with the age, is that they would be willing to offload a 25 year uber talent, not in exchange for another 25 year old because that is not their time line. No matter how well Kjerstad/Stowers/Cowser, etc do now, it does nothing for the A’s because they don’t have a strong enough roster around those guys to win right now. Nor do they have the org structure to support winning because their franchise’s future is in so much flux right now given their possible relocation. I am very confident that another suitor could and would beat a Norby, Stowers, McDermott and Tavera (and other spare part) offer. In order to get real value, you have to give up real value (usually). I agree that GMs will want to see/evaluate the Miller show for a bit more time before committing to trade for him. Thankfully the trade deadline is months away. And yes, he is not/will not be our only option. But again, we won’t be able to find a better talent than him. 
    • Indeed, which outfielders hit better than Cowser too?  Suddenly none of them have looked so great with the bat lately.  There is still a lot to learn about Colton Cowser and how much he can improve.  It's not struck in stone that all of our position players have to come the minors -- at least I don't think it is.
    • I just can’t fathom a realistic scenario where I’m trading Mayo or Basallo in any deal.
    • lol.  Mayo is stupid good.
    • Not sure they would question Cowser's defense as much as Mayo's.  Maybe Basallo's too.  They may be more concerned about Cowser's bat.  Don't know why Kjerstad being 25 is such a big issue.  Mason Miller is also 25 and more likely to flame out than a hitter.   I agree about Stowers but I think a deal for Norby, Stowers, McDermott and Tavera and maybe another player would be hard for the A's to be resist.  But I'm not paid to make these decisions so I don't know.  Also, I'm not sure the likelihood the O's would think Miller would last 5 years throwing that hard.  They may be more comfortable trading less for a reliever who is a FA after this season or next, and I would not blame them.  You yourself said there will be a lot of relievers available, though I don't know how many better than Kimbrel.   I think any team interested in Miller would want to see a couple more months of him before making an offer.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now