vs. Tigers 7/31

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This might be the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my entire 47 years of existence, and that's saying something. Congrats.

Ok... I almost feel sorry for you. But do you have any examples to prove otherwise??

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

2015 O's Mantras:

• If you're going to hit the ball hard, hit it right at a defender's glove, every time.
  • When the O's score, always throw nothing but 85 mph straight meatballs middle-middle the next inning until the opposing team has tied or gone ahead.
  • Always lose a lot of games to horrible teams by playing down to their level.
  • Always lose a lot of games to good teams by being unable to play up to their level.
  • If a starter does well, ensure that they throw a terrible game next time they get on the mound.
  • Threaten every inning, but never score.
  • Whenever the opposing team gets someone on base, make a concerted effort to let them score.
  • Always GIDP when you can.
  • Is your pitcher doing well? Then you should make sure to roll over or strike out every AB so you don't score.
  • Is your offense doing well? Then you should make sure your pitcher gives up even more runs than theirs.
  • Is both your pitcher and lineup having a good game? It's time for a couple errors in the field.

And the FO has their own set of rules:

• Be indecisive in any trading moves.
  • If you're going to DFA someone, wait at least a month after it's blindingly obvious to everyone on the planet that they need to be DFA'ed.
  • Only trade players that the club can't really afford to spare, and make sure you get a bag of balls in return for any deal you do make.
  • Avoid buying ML players that would actually make a difference, at all costs.
  • Avoid selling ML players for prospects that would actually make a difference, at all costs.
  • When a starter puts together a long string of terrible games, do absolutely nothing except keep trotting them out there again and again.
  • Make sure that any good players actually worth keeping are Scott Boras clients.

Ok... I almost feel sorry for you. But do you have any examples to prove otherwise??

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

To prove that he's clutch? He's pitched to a sub 3 ERA coming into tonight, every game is big for these guys. This game has no magical importance for the players, it does for fans. I'm pretty sure you can't quantify clutch, by the way. Its something that you make up in your own mind, and you've clearly done that.

I'm not mad at Chen. If we're gunning for the playoffs then Buck needs to start managing like it. Lough should have pinch ran for Joseph earlier in the game. Who care's if we lose the DH. We were down two with the tying run on 1st and one out. And Chen should have been pushed back to miss the Tigers. You do stuff like that in a playoff race.

We could have gave Wilson or Wright the ball tonight and held chen back till game 1 of the A's series.

2015 O's Mantras:
  • If you're going to hit the ball hard, hit it right at a defender's glove, every time.
  • When the O's score, always throw nothing but 85 mph straight meatballs middle-middle the next inning until the opposing team has tied or gone ahead.
  • Always lose a lot of games to horrible teams by playing down to their level.
  • Always lose a lot of games to good teams by being unable to play up to their level.
  • If a starter does well, ensure that they throw a terrible game next time they get on the mound.
  • Threaten every inning, but never score.
  • Whenever the opposing team gets someone on base, make a concerted effort to let them score.
  • Always GIDP when you can.
  • Is your pitcher doing well? Then you should make sure to roll over or strike out every AB so you don't score.
  • Is your offense doing well? Then you should make sure your pitcher gives up even more runs than theirs.
  • Is both your pitcher and lineup having a good game? It's time for a couple errors in the field.

And the FO has their own set of rules:

• Be indecisive in any trading moves.
  • If you're going to DFA someone, wait at least a month after it's blindingly obvious to everyone on the planet that they need to be DFA'ed.
  • Only trade players that the club can't really afford to spare, and make sure you get a bag of balls in return for any deal you do make.
  • Avoid buying ML players that would actually make a difference, at all costs.
  • Avoid selling ML players for prospects that would actually make a difference, at all costs.
  • When a starter puts together a long string of terrible games, do absolutely nothing except keep trotting them out there again and again.
  • Make sure that any good players actually worth keeping are Scott Boras clients.

15%2B-%2B1

Archived