vs. Tigers 7/31

ArtVanDelay

I'm not mad at Chen. If we're gunning for the playoffs then Buck needs to start managing like it. Lough should have pinch ran for Joseph earlier in the game. Who care's if we lose the DH. We were down two with the tying run on 1st and one out. And Chen should have been pushed back to miss the Tigers. You do stuff like that in a playoff race.

We could have gave Wilson or Wright the ball tonight and held chen back till game 1 of the A's series.

You dont pinch run in July in the first four innings of an AL game. No one does. I do believe that Chen should have been optioned after his last start to miss Detroit.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To prove that he's clutch? He's pitched to a sub 3 ERA coming into tonight, every game is big for these guys. This game has no magical importance for the players, it does for fans. I'm pretty sure you can't quantify clutch, by the way. Its something that you make up in your own mind, and you've clearly done that.

With 60 games left, 6 games out of the East and 2 games out of the wild card....not to mention coming off a 1 run loss where the pitching got rocked last night....YES, tonight qualifies as a "must win", especially for the pitching staff. Then Chen goes out and chokes up 3 1/3 innings and gets rocked. Much like his last few starts. So save it with the "he has a sub 3 ERA"...it'd be nice to see a starter that can show up and keep their team in the game in a must win. So no, homeboy....it's not "just made up in my mind". But thanks for your concern, clownshoes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Detroit Destroys Chen. Remember Game Two.

Thank you! They are a right hand heavy lineup....and Chen has a hard time with this lineups. See....Toronto. This is my argument on this thread tonight. Chen has ZERO clutch pitching ability...especially with RH lineups.

Reactionary post incoming...

Detroit has roughly the same record we do but had the good sense to sell and they're still kicking our ass. Good thing we acquired Gerardo Freakin' Parra, I'm sure he's the missing piece that's going to put us right over the top. :bangwall::bangwall:

With 60 games left, 6 games out of the East and 2 games out of the wild card....not to mention coming off a 1 run loss where the pitching got rocked last night....YES, tonight qualifies as a "must win", especially for the pitching staff. Then Chen goes out and chokes up 3 1/3 innings and gets rocked. Much like his last few starts. So save it with the "he has a sub 3 ERA"...it'd be nice to see a starter that can show up and keep their team in the game in a must win. So no, homeboy....it's not "just made up in my mind". But thanks for your concern, clownshoes.

So now you're resorting to insults? Why don't you read the board rules before you do stuff like that? You see, we like to talk baseball here and then back it up with stuff other then just "eye tests" or opinion. Are their any bigger games then playoff games? Chen beat the NYY, put up a clunker against DET, and Pitched a good game against the Royals. Does that not meet your definition of clutch? Normally, those like you who make insults do so because your argument is garbage.

Detroit has roughly the same record we do but had the good sense to sell and they're still kicking our ass. Good thing we acquired Gerardo Freakin' Parra, I'm sure he's the missing piece that's going to put us right over the top. :bangwall::bangwall:

It isn't reactionary. It is common sense. DD has been misfiring since last offseason and I am sick and tired of the blind allegiance to him. He has done some really good things but he has lost me since last offseason. Not sure what to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Davies was so highly rated that he went from being the O's 3rd best prospect to being the Brewers 11th. Not going to cripple us. Detroit might have traded their Ace, Closer and Cleanup hitter. They still have all their everyday lineup(highest paid in baseball) still in tact. Just minus Miggy and Cespedes. But they have a few guys out there. Still a top 5 lineup in the AL.

Well Davies was so highly rated that he went from being the O's 3rd best prospect to being the Brewers 11th. Not going to cripple us. Detroit might have traded their Ace, Closer and Cleanup hitter. They still have all their everyday lineup(highest paid in baseball) still in tact. Just minus Miggy and Cespedes. But they have a few guys out there. Still a top 5 lineup in the AL.

Curious, where was Hader ranked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived