vs. YANKEES, 10/04

OFFNY

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious. Was anyone else here at the MLB debut of Wieters? I was. I'm a little nostalgic right now. That was June 2009, and I remember it being like a playoff game (which I only discovered how that felt in 2012 and 2014). I remember thinking of Wieters as a transformational player. I think in many ways, his arrival at least coincided with the beginning of the end of the losing years, even though he never hit the way I thought he might. I remember the night of the deadline for signing him in 2007, waking up the next morning, rushing to check and see if they signed him. I remember reading box scores nightly in 2008 to see how he was doing at Frederick and Bowie. Hope this isn't it. But if it is, despite maybe not being that 900 OPS guy I was hoping he would be, he gave us a lot of memories, and at a minimum gave us all hope during a dark time in this franchise's history.

Away from home and MASN not available (Wrightsville Beach NC the next 5 days) so listening to Joe Angel. He was baffled why this was called out on this challenge. How bad was it?

Loving this bombardment of runs, however.

I'm at the game. He looked safe. I didn't see any way that the call was not overturned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total BS. Not a person here including the Yanks who thinks he was out.

How do they miss that? Foot on bag never came off. MLB needs to tell people who the umps are in New York. Awful.
The crowd saw it. He was clearly safe in my opinion. MLB trying to make sure the pinstripes get a home playoff game.

I think they just want to move the game along.

Away from home and MASN not available (Wrightsville Beach NC the next 5 days) so listening to Joe Angel. He was baffled why this was called out on this challenge. How bad was it?

Loving this bombardment of runs, however.

Like I said... hard to overturn. Looked safe.

Has replay actually increased the percentage of correct calls made? Or perhaps more interestingly, has any marginal increase in number of correct calls compensated for the day to day annoyance of waiting for the supposedly correct call to be made?

I'd say yes and yes.

Without review half the time the manages would spend 3 minutes talking to the umps anyway.

Just curious. Was anyone else here at the MLB debut of Wieters? I was. I'm a little nostalgic right now. That was June 2009, and I remember it being like a playoff game (which I only discovered how that felt in 2012 and 2014). I remember thinking of Wieters as a transformational player. I think in many ways, his arrival at least coincided with the beginning of the end of the losing years, even though he never hit the way I thought he might. I remember the night of the deadline for signing him in 2007, waking up the next morning, rushing to check and see if they signed him. I remember reading box scores nightly in 2008 to see how he was doing at Frederick and Bowie. Hope this isn't it. But if it is, despite maybe not being that 900 OPS guy I was hoping he would be, he gave us a lot of memories, and at a minimum gave us all hope during a dark time in this franchise's history.

I saw his first Norfolk game. I still have the score card I kept.

I'm feeling nostalgic, too. Really angered that even though it's an MLB At Bat free game today, they're blocking me since I'm on the NC coast this week (O's viewing area). I am recording this at home on my DVR however.

Are you AT today's game? I'm not at today's game. You bastard.

I watched it. I remember the optimism regarding him. Unfortunately, Buster Posey turned out to be what Matt was advertised to be.

Archived