Dylan Bundy Updates

accinfo

True. But there are those that give him as a reason as to not take a Rule 5 guy.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think taking a Rule 5 guy and keeping one on the roster are two different things. If by some miracle Bundy makes it through Spring Training without breaking down, then it becomes an issue. So there is like a .0007% chance there won't be room on the roster for a Rule 5 guy.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think taking a Rule 5 guy and keeping one on the roster are two different things. If by some miracle Bundy makes it through Spring Training without breaking down, then it becomes an issue. So there is like a .0007% chance there won't be room on the roster for a Rule 5 guy.

Maybe the Rule 5 guy would be a utility player, as Flaherty was when we took him.

They are saying that he has tightness in forearm,,,not elbow pain....per 105.7

Yes, we've heard this narrative before.

Baltimore Orioles top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy, who has been sidelined with forearm discomfort since late March, will undergo elbow ligament-replacement surgery – commonly known as Tommy John surgery — Thursday morning in Florida, according to his agent.

So this year he goes on the 60 day DL and never pitches we lose a year. How many left till we just give up?

Well, I'm not exactly saying the sky is falling mind you. But there is nothing positive about this development. I suppose we'll see what happens in the spring.

Well, I'm not exactly saying the sky is falling mind you. But there is nothing positive about this development. I suppose we'll see what happens in the spring.

Yeah I know. With his major league contract signed out of the draft I was wondering how long it would take for the team to give up on him. Maybe up until he is arb eligible?

And Aristotelian if he is hurt we still have an open roster spot. He just goes on the DL.

Yeah I know. With his major league contract signed out of the draft I was wondering how long it would take for the team to give up on him. Maybe up until he is arb eligible?

And Aristotelian if he is hurt we still have an open roster spot. He just goes on the DL.

Not like he will be making money as an Arb player.

Either he will get healthy and pitch for the O's or he will never get healthy and retire as a what could have been.

I don't see the O's giving up on him at the cost of a million a year and a slot on the 40 man for a fraction of the season.

Of course it is very possible that the current issue has more to do with him knocking off the rust and less to do with an injured ligament that should be good for about five years of heavy use.

Archived