Game 2, April 2nd Cabrera's First 2008 Start

weams

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had forgotten how damn good a win felt. This is so great. We may not have the best team on paper, but anything can happen in a baseball game. We got great clutch hits and an executioner bullpen and we beat a very good young team in our division. We can do this every day! :D

I had forgotten how damn good a win felt. This is so great. We may not have the best team on paper, but anything can happen in a baseball game. We got great clutch hits and an executioner bullpen and we beat a very good young team in our division. We can do this every day! :D
Fun game. I can't believe I watched the whole thing!

My thoughts exactly. GO ORIOLES!!! :D

I don't know, he's still technically a major league hitter. I think you swing if you get your pitch.

No manager is going to tell a guy to take on a 3-1 count.

No, they don't. Which is why I often find myself screaming at the TV whenever a bottom-of-the-order hitter swings at a 3-1 or 3-2 pitch and pops up, GIDP's or K's on a pitch over his head, thus killing or preventing a rally.

When down late in games, managers should force bad hitters to take on all 3-ball counts. It's the newest revolution in advanced sabermetrics. ;)

I hate I missed out on the first Orioles win. I was at the Hurricanes-Lightning game instead.

I came home and slapped together the scoring plays and the last out so that future generations could see how the 21st century Orioles dynasty began.

Enjoy.

<div><object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4xxiq&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4xxiq&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4xxiq_4208oriolesrayshighlights_sport">4208OriolesRaysHighlights</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/gatecitycanes">gatecitycanes</a></i></div>

Like I said earlier.

Great game by the newbies.

Jones, Sherrill and Bierd.

Don't forget they guys who had something to do with scoring... except for AJ and the last one, the production was by the guys who people wanna trade...

I don't know, he's still technically a major league hitter. I think you swing if you get your pitch.

No manager is going to tell a guy to take on a 3-1 count.

No, they don't. Which is why I often find myself screaming at the TV whenever a bottom-of-the-order hitter swings at a 3-1 or 3-2 pitch and pops up, GIDP's or K's on a pitch over his head, thus killing or preventing a rally.

When down late in games, managers should force bad hitters to take on all 3-ball counts. It's the newest revolution in advanced sabermetrics. ;)

That's funny, because I was thinking just the opposite. When it was 3-0 to LH, I was telling my car radio to green-light him. That's the count where the P is way most likely to groove one straight down the middle. You've got the P just where you want him, so why let him off the hook? Unless the batter has zero eyeballs, doing that seems dumb to me.

(Actually, I think there should be a yellow-light: if it's thigh high and in the middle, have at it, it's just like batting practice... otherwise, leave it alone...)

Been a long time since I rooted for a guy named "George"... like maybe forever...

You don't remember George Zuverink?

'Fraid not... however, based on your recommendation, I looked him up...

When the O's got him off waivers, I was a few months shy of turning 3 ;-)

I hate I missed out on the first Orioles win. I was at the Hurricanes-Lightning game instead.

I came home and slapped together the scoring plays and the last out so that future generations could see how the 21st century Orioles dynasty began.

Enjoy.

Nice!--Thanks for posting this. Watched it three times and savored it more each time....

Archived