Is Jones endorsing an OF of Parra, Jones, Alvarez?

wildcard

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But yet his career .333 is still an upgrade over most Orioles. He is a special player defensively so I forgive the said obp shortcomings.

I know a lot of guys like Fowler. But career Jackson's WAA and WAR are much higher than Fowler.

Jackson hasn't done well since he left the Tigers. Are you hoping for a bounceback or expecting it?

Jackson hasn't done well since he left the Tigers. Are you hoping for a bounceback or expecting it?

I understand the hesitation around Jackson because he's been disappointing the past two years. But I believe he'll be one of the better choices to fill LF and allow the team to improve the pitching.

To keep the thread on track, do you like Parra over Jackson, or do you think they should avoid both? If the latter, what should they do to improve the COF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the hesitation around Jackson because he's been disappointing the past two years. But I believe he'll be one of the better choices to fill LF and allow the team to improve the pitching.

To keep the thread on track, do you like Parra over Jackson, or do you think they should avoid both? If the latter, what should they do to improve the COF?

I think they should trade Britton for Ethier and cash and play him in RF. Great OBP and left-handed. Dodgers are in desperate need of bullpen help and they have too many outfielders.

Parra does nothing for me. If they sign him to a three year deal, he might be worse in 2017 than Markakis.

I will goes into ST open minded about Alvarez. If he earns a chance he would be fine. I just wouldn't built the team this off season depending on him to be ready.

There are two things I like about Alvarez:

1) His arm

2) He has three options left.

He can be a starter for the O's. A part time player. Or be on shuttle between Norfolk and Baltimore. Its up to him. Go earn it.

I will goes into ST open minded about Alvarez. If he earns a chance he would be fine. I just wouldn't built the team this off season depending on him to be ready.

There are two things I like about Alvarez:

1) His arm

2) He has three options left.

He can be a starter for the O's. A part time player. Or be on shuttle between Norfolk and Baltimore. Its up to him. Go earn it.

You missed one

3) His salary

I think they should trade Britton for Ethier and cash and play him in RF. Great OBP and left-handed. Dodgers are in desperate need of bullpen help and they have too many outfielders.

Parra does nothing for me. If they sign him to a three year deal, he might be worse in 2017 than Markakis.

I could get behind that depending on how much cash is involved. He had a really nice season this year, but he is 33 and is owed a lot.

I don't have a problem with dangling Britton, though I'd prefer to get multiple cost controlled guys instead.

Archived