O's Offer to Davis Off the Table

Babypowder

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since Cameron thinks there are six NL teams less likely to make the playoffs than the Orioles, I think we can infer that he believes the AL is pretty balanced. So lowest odds might mean 15%.

I'm not very interested in this topic until the rosters are complete. On paper, we're an 81-win team that has lost our best starting pitcher and our top power hitter.

2015 was the year with the most parity in MLB history. It's possible or probable that a reasonable projection for '16 puts all the teams between the mid 70s and low 90s in wins, and every projection has something like +/- 6 wins of uncertainty built in. So it's plausible that the projection ranges of the best and worst teams in the AL overlap.

I don't doubt that Boras feeds Heyman information and ideas that serve his purposes and that Heyman then regurgitates it. That doesn't mean Heyman doesn't have many other sources, or that Heyman doesn't have some good information. People around here love to criticize the messenger when they don't like the message.

I've said it a million times: I hate the offseason. There's too much dead time for people to dream up all kinds of agendas, crazy rumors or interpretations of someone's offhand tweet. Lord, just deliver me to the day when pitchers and catchers report. I hear the ball is coming out of Vince Worley's hand really well and that Chris Tillman is in the best shape of his entire life.

I think the offseason is getting worse every year. Not that the players and teams should care but the fact that things get dragged out for so long just kills it. At this point I just want to know who will be on my team.

I don't remember the AL being any more balanced in my lifetime. The NL is much different.

Which is why an AL team wouldn't start a rebuild right now even if it thought things were a bit dicey with its roster. But the picture could look a lot different in July.

I really don't see how the O's are less likely to make the playoffs than the Rays. Or several other teams. Twins? A's? White Sox?

It is all about the Orioles starting pitching. Even when we pitched well in 2014 the metrics didn't rate well.

If we add a bat and Hardy can stay healthy we don't need a top notch rotation to win, just an adequate one. The bullpen should be strong. We can win with our pitching like KC did last year.

It is all about the Orioles starting pitching. Even when we pitched well in 2014 the metrics didn't rate well.

If we add a bat and Hardy can stay healthy we don't need a top notch rotation to win, just an adequate one. The bullpen should be strong. We can win with our pitching like KC did last year.

Sorry for the cliche but I'm one of those "please just one stud in the rotation" guys. Winning isn't the same thing as winning in October.

Sorry for the cliche but I'm one of those "please just one stud in the rotation" guys. Winning isn't the same thing as winning in October.

I want to have one as well. I just think nowadays you don't need it. Even the top starters in the game aren't finishing playoff games off.

Which is why an AL team wouldn't start a rebuild right now even if it thought things were a bit dicey with its roster. But the picture could look a lot different in July.

The AL could go in many directions the next couple of seasons. Very much up for grabs.

I want to have one as well. I just think nowadays you don't need it. Even the top starters in the game aren't finishing playoff games off.

I agree in the A.L. an ace does not seem to make much difference in who makes the playoffs compared to the N.L. Last season of the top 10 guys to lead the league in ERA only 2 played for a team that made the playoffs all season. Price and Kazmir joined teams at the deadline. Of the top 20 only 5 guys fit that bill. So having a top guy in terms of ERA seems to have no affect on ability to make the playoffs. The N.L is completely different in almost all of the tope ERA guys were on teams taht made the playoffs.

Archived