Heyward May Have Crashed the OF Market

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're comparing a prescribed amphetamine aimed to treat a psychiatric disorder to tobacco? I don't...

Don't people need prescribed psychiatric medicine to quit tobacco? The real point though is how it was such great PR work to blame his terrible 2014 season all on aderall. If that's the case then dude obviously needs his chemicals to be successful.

Posters on this board were talking numbers like $240 million plus for Heyward just two days ago.

He is only 26 so I am shocked to see the deal as an 8 year pact, but those two opt out clauses set him up to be a free agent again at 29 at the earliest. Every time I watch Manny and see him develop I think "$22M, $25M, $27M). Honest question. If he was a free agent in this market at 25, who would be interested and where would that bidding go?

I was right about the contract having an opt out.

I was off by 1M AAV.

I was off by 2 years on contract length.

I'll take that.

How many folks were saying he wouldn't get 20M AAV?

I wasn't arguing with you. I was pointing this out to the poster that said he couldn't see any way Heyward would be offered $200 million.

I honestly think that Heyward took less to play for Chicago. Chicago is setting things up nicely for a quality run at some World Series titles.

Less is relative in this case.

If reports are true

The Nats contract offer was backloaded so it could make better sense to take the Cubs deal and opt out after 3.

Less security but potential for more total compensation.

I honestly think that Heyward took less to play for Chicago. Chicago is setting things up nicely for a quality run at some World Series titles.

They are doing everything exactly right, build a competitive team and then go all in. Exactly what we should have done last year. With the way things are progressing this year, I truly belive the toronto stuff impacted the offseason....

They are doing everything exactly right' date=' build a competitive team and then go all in. Exactly what we should have done last year. With the way things are progressing this year, I truly belive the toronto stuff impacted the offseason....[/quote']

There is no belief, it did. Plus Angelos saw the consequences of not bringing back Markakis and/or Cruz. Plus the whole money is only for Chris Davis thing that's happening now. The cubs are dedicated to winning a WS. We're dedicated to making PA money, and if by chance DD can win a WS at the same time then we all win.

Archived